Lecture Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

If they had done anything to her there was going to be questions that needed answered.

"Thank you." I responded as I started to make my way to the steps of the house, two of the maids hot on my heels. They had probably been ordered by Henry with just one unspoken look.

From the corner of my eye I spotted my moms car to the side of the house. It had clearly been parked in a rush because mom never parked her cars around the front. She always put them in the garage around the back.

One of the maids must have noticed what had caught my gaze because she was quick to speak up. "Mrs Kennedy, arrived home only a few minutes ago, she rushed up to see your sister."

Remembering back to the conversation I had with Zoe earlier she had said that my dad had been asleep and mom was in a meeting. Mom must have rushed home after she had seen what went down.

Then it came to mind that Zoe knew that my dad was home and never mentioned it.

How long had in been back in the City for?

With a glance over my shoulder I could see a look of indifference on my dads face as he took everything in that everyone was firing at him. It didn't seem to matter if he was home for long because clearly even his men didn't know.

If he had stayed here or at Anarchy, word would have gotten back to me long before the situation down at the port.

To tired to think anymore I walked into the house heading straight for my room. I needed a shower before I could process anymore of this day.

Half an hour later I was showered and Dr Thompson was finishing up looking me over.

"I'm fine." I hissed out as she cleaned the graze that the bullet had left behind. She let out a laugh at my protest but said nothing. "Seriously, you should be looking over Emilia not me."

"Your sister is fine, they didn't touch her in any shape or form." Tia looked me in the eyes telling me that she was telling the truth and she wanted to make sure I knew that.

Relaxing slightly I let her continue with her torture.

"She shouldn't have been in the middle of that." My voice was that low I wasn't even sure myself if I was talking to Tia at all.

"Your sister knows what time of life we live in, trust me she isn't bothered by it. She's stronger in the mind that you lot give her credit for." Tia started to put her stuff away letting me know that she was done. "I've cleaned you up as quickly as possible I will need to look at that graze again but I know you probably want to watch your brothers game."

Watching Levi's game was probably the only sense of normality that I will have seen all day.

Well not really, not that dad was back home.

Mom was also floating about the house somewhere but I was yet to see her. It was weird to have them both home again but in a good way.

Tia left the room leaving me the chance to get changed properly. With my a shower and fresh clothes I already felt a thousand times better than I had when I first got home.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door just as I was about to leave. As I opened it, on the other side stood my mom.

Mom looked like she had just came from a business meeting. With everything she was wearing sitting perfectly, her makeup sitting flawless.

Most teenagers where jealous of the people that they seen on Instagram, with there photoshopped looks for their flawless skin that we all knew wasn't really them.