Attack of the robots

As we go to look out the window, Dad quickly gets up, having us focus on him. "Kids are you okay?" He asks, giving a quick look over from where he's standing. "Remember our survival training. Yankee, Alpha, Foxtrot, Bravo, Tango, Alpha, Alpha, Alpha." We all stare at Dad, thinking he's gone mad as he continues. "Aaron, your code name is Sweet Boy. Mine is Protector Prime. Your mother is the Crimson Scorpion." 

Done with this, Katie and I get up and rush to the now shattered windows where everyone else is. We maneuver past some people to get a look, hearing something explosive go off in the distance. Something lands in the parking lot, making my grip on Katie's hand tighter, to which she reciprocates. The smoke clears up and reveals to be two familiar metal men. "Pal Maxes?" I recall the name of them as they go into a standing position. "What are these? Robots?" Dad asks, not knowing what these are.

""Greetings, humans. There appears to be 15 of you." One of the Maxes says as he does something with his arm screen. "Doesn't seem good that they're counting us, right?" Katie voices out the concerning part that's building. "I'm with ya there." I agree.

When the robot is done, the arm opens up and 3D hexagonal shapes big enough for one person reaches to the ground behind the robots. "We have food and entertainment for you to enjoy in our Human Fun Pods." The doors to the pods open up and the other robot points to them. "Who here likes fun?" He asks.

"Hey! I like fun!" A boy with blond hair and a slushie in hand. Before he can take a step, Dad pulls the boy back by the shoulder. "Trust me, bud, you do not like fun."  He speaks in a hinting tone.

The boy is somehow stupidly oblivious and disagrees with Dad. "No, I really do like it. Everyone says that about me." He insists.

The Pal Max aims his arm to the crowd while exclaiming in a joyful tone, "You lucky human!" The arm shoots out a beam, which hits the boy, and traps him in some translucent cocoon. Without much effort, the guy was swiftly shoved into one of the pods, making the thing trapping the person once the beam was off.

As the pod lifts up to the sky with other pods, the guy cries, "I don't like fun anymore!" Before any of us can say something, the other robot aims his blaster at us. "Who here wants to join him?" He asks and blasts away. My family and I quickly duck down. "Stay low and file up." Dad silently orders and we crawl to the side.

When we all reach a place where we're out of the robots' sights, Dad talks again. "All right. Everyone, get to the car!" "I don't think so." Katie interjects. "What do you want us to do?" Dad asks and the two starts arguing.

"Guys, stop!" I demand, making everyone go silent so Mom can speak. "What would a functional family do right now?"

Mrs. Posey's voice catches our attention. "We've trained for this. Jim, you go high, I'll go low. Ready?" They then put their heads together, saying they love each other so much.  At this, the family preforms stunts, making their way to their car and driving away. We all stare in amazement at what just happened. "So, we just do that, right?" Dad asks, trying to see if he's right.

"Just like they did!" Mom agrees and pulls us all into a huddle. We all awkwardly say we love each other and place our hands on the shoulder and faces on each other.

I stay behind, not feeling that we should do this. the plan quickly fails as somehow Aaron head butt Dad out the door. When I get to the door, I see a robot running like he's on track right towards us. "Rick!" Mom cries out to Dad. "Don't worry, hon." Dad says and he prepares. "Time to be a hero."

The man then runs to the bot while screaming, "Takes some notes, kids." While hugging the bot with all his might. At this, Dad and the robot shoot to the sky, swerving around crazily and making the rest of us but Aaron to panic. "Charge at robot, fly into the sky. What- okay what's next, Dad?" He asks, looking away from his notebook.