Dino Stop

We're back in the car again, with Aaron on the middle this time. Katie has her phone out to show us something. The Blue Danube starts play. "What is this?" I ask, wondering what this is all about. "You'll see. Just watch." Katie tells me and holds the phone out further. 

Monch is smiling at the camera, until her throws up a whole pizza. The video then shows Monch throwing up the pizza and have it return to his mouth right on beat, and they multiply. There's even on where Monch is throwing up a whole line of pizza. And there is also a loop of him vomiting a smaller version of himself. 

We're all laughing at this, loving the silliness she put together from just one moment. "How'd you do it, by hand?" Aaron asks. "Well, it's kind of complicated." Katie tells him, but before she could start explaining the process, a song plays through the car speakers.

Dad starts singing to the song and turn to Katie, obviously trying to get her to join in. I look to Katie, who seems to become a bit uncomfortable from this. When Dad looks a Katie expectantly, she shrivels up at the attention. "Uh, guys, maybe I'm a little too old." She says slowly, trying to avoid eye contact.

Dad's face falls and he turns his attention back to the road. "Oh. Uh-huh." Dad says, hurt by this. Katie sees this and tries to fix this. "Oh no. Wait! We can still sing it, if you want, Dad." Katie offers with a hopeful smile. "No, no, Katie, never mind." Dad says and stops the music. "We don't have to do a sing-along if you want to." 

Katie's face morphs into guilt and she goes to chew on her jacket string until I reach and take her hand into mine, squeezing tightly. It car stays silent for a moment until Mom speaks up. Hey, you know what I see? Something that's gonna turn this trip around." And she points out a sign that says. 

We look into her line of sight to see the billboard for Dino Stop, saying that we're nearby. Aaron quietly gasps and repeats the words "Oh my gosh." With a big smile on his face. "Dinosaurs? I don't know." Katie says in an unsure tone. "I just think Aaron would be bored." She continues, and her brother starts to panic at this. "NO! PULL OVER!" Aaron screech, leaning to Mom and Dad as much as he can.

Katie puts a hand over Aaron's mouth and pull him back, trying t prevent him from interrupting. "Aaron whispered to me that he hates dinosaurs now." The boy tries to keep his sister's hands away from him, trying to deny it. "No! Don't believe her lies!" He desperately tells us as Katie says, "Secret's out." Causing the rest of us to laugh.

We arrive to this so-called grand place, only to come across the place and see that it's a supermarket like building. Derpy looking Dino statues surround the place being inaccurate to the life-like ones. Aaron looks around, eye-twitching and he looks like he's about to have a mental breakdown with Monch tightly in his arms. Mom and dad are cringing at this. "Pretty-pretty-pretty cool, right?" Dad asks with a forced smile, holding his hands in a tight grip.

"What is wrong with the dinosaurs here? Aaron asks while Monch falls from his hug. "Dinosaurs didn't look like this. Dinosaurs didn't look like this!" Aaron shouts and rushes inside the building with us in tow. When Aaron enters the shop, he speaks loudly. "Sorry, I need to speak to the manager." He runs into a humanoid version of a 'cool' dinosaur, making him scream. "These dinosaurs are inaccurate!" And runs around the store.

As we walk into the store, Mom walks off, Katie is recording the store, and Dad is chuckling. "That manager's in for a long discussion about the Jurassic period." I laugh at Dad's words until Katie turns to him, the camera pointing at him. "Hey, can you say that again? She requests, seeming to set a certain mode on.

Dad seems put off by this. "Uh, sure, but you know you could experience things a whole lot better without that camera. Your eyes are nature's camera." Dad points it out. "I am experiencing it." Katie says and holds her phone into view. "This is how I am experiencing things."