Chapter Twenty-Three

Rain Carried Kai's body out of the trashed room and carried him into her car. Softly she placed him in the back seat as more and more tears ran down her face, not being able to stop them.

It was pitch black as she drove to the cemetery and compelled a few of the grave diggers to dig a grave for him. Once they were finished she managed to find a coffin for him and placed him in it.

She got the grave diggers to place him in the grave and cover it back up, as she didn't have the heart to. Rain forced herself to leave the cemetery because if she didn't she may do something she'd regret.

Broken, she got into her car again feeling empty as if every emotion she ever felt in her life has gone numb to her, except the torturing pain of sadness and betrayal.

It was now beginning to become day time and Rain realised she had drove to the Salvatore house, she walked through the doors and everyone stared at her, but they didn't make any move to attack her. Rain was covered in blood, Kai's blood, tear streaks were pained across her face and her hair was a mess.

Damon look stunned to see her, his heart broke at the look of her. He didn't mean to hurt her he never wanted that but when it came down to saving one of his best friends and the person who's trying to kill her, He is going to choose his best friend.

"Rain I-" Damon tried to speak and it was like she was able to feel everything again as soon as she heard his voice.

Red flashed in her eyes but luckily for Damon, Rain was able to control it "Don't" She speaks putting a finger up to Damon shushing him. "You don't get to speak" Rain stormed past them all and went up to Elena's coffin.

No one dared to speak but were very cautious, Bonnie was ready to pain inflict her encase she did anything harmful to Elena, but all Rain did was softly stroke her head then place a soft hand on her cheek, letting Elena into her thoughts.

As Elena looked around the place, It was the Mystic Grill. Elena looked across from her to see Rain with a sweet smile on her face and wasn't covered in blood, tears streaking down her face or her hair messy.

"Rain I-" Elena stopped herself not knowing what to say as she remembered Jo and Kai killing her "Rain! you let Kai kill Jo, she was pregnant" Elena almost shouted and sadness engulfed Rain once again.

"I didn't know he was going to kill her, I just though he was going to hurt her and If I knew she was pregnant he wouldn't have laid a hand on her" Rain explained quietly as tears ran down her face, Elena's anger died down as she realised it wasn't Rain's fault.

"I'm so sorry Rain, for treating you how I did when I had no memories" Elena apologies and Rain's eyes snap up to meet hers and confusion settles in.

"You remember?" Rain mutters in astonishment "how?" she asks desperately.

"I'm human now" Elena smiles "Bonnie brought the cure back and gave it to Damon to give to me" Rain stared at her intensely.

"I'm sorry that your under this spell, it wasn't to hurt you, it was to hurt Damon and Bonnie" Rain explains and Elena nodded knowing, If it was the other way round she probably would have done the same.

"I know, Rain. But now I guess you get to live you happy human life with Kai" Elena smiled genuinely happy for her. Rain's face drops from all emotion as she hears Kai's name "Rain, what's the matter?"

Rain stares at her for a second astonished that Bonnie or Damon haven't told her yet "I'm not human Elena" Rain finally says and Elena furrows her eyebrows and Rain explains everything that happened.

Elena stands up and hugs her "I'm gonna miss you, you know" Rain said as tears spill out of her eyes again. Elena pulls out of the embrace and smiles.

"Me too, But I want you to write a diary of everything that happens in your life while I'm gone and I know you most likely wont be friends with Damon and Bonnie again, but come find me in about 60 years and give it to me, because you are still my best friend" Rain nods and everything becomes black.

Rain opens her eyes and then pulls away from Elena's face and turns around wiping the tears that had fell down her face. "Bonnie you did the worst to me" Rain said and guilt shot through Bonnie but Rain didn't spare her a second glace and turned to Damon and the look that she gave him nearly made his knees buckle "But you Damon, You hurt me the most" she vamps speeds out of there and gets a phone call from someone.

"Hello?" Rain answers.

"Hello, Rain darling I heard about Kai and I was thinking even though your not a heretic but you helped us when you didn't have to so we want you to join our family" Nora's voice came from the other side of the phone and Rain was stunned.

"Why me though?" Rain asked confused by the kindness.

"because Rain you have a sweet soul but you could be powerful if you came with us" Nora replied hopeful and Rain stopped for a minute and thought it through, She had no one left so what was the worst that could happen.

"Okay, text me your address" Rain said and hung up the phone then Nora texted the location and Rain swiftly got into her car and drove to the house.

Anxiously, she walked up tot he door and knocked and then a tall gentleman opened the door, Beau. He welcomed her in with the gesture of his hands and a sweet smile.

Rain spent weeks there getting to know everyone and living with them and after a while she felt comfortable around them, she didn't get left out of the loop like she did with her old friends. They told her about Julian and how Reyna Cruz stabbed him. Also how Beau was mute.

She found Malcom a bit obnoxious because he was Lily's oldest and favourite and he knew it but never-the-less she grown to like him.

She adored Mary-Lou and Nora together and she Valarie, Rain had noticed her holding one of Stefan's diaries so she decided to find out which one it was because back when she was friends with everyone Damon gave her a few of Stefan's diaries and she luckily the one Valarie had was one she read.

Rain soon realised the Valarie he had written about in his book was about her. "Valarie can i speak to you?" Rain asked walking into Valarie's bedroom.

"Yes, what up?" Valarie asked nervously, she didn't know why she felt it she just did.

"How do you know Stefan?" Rain blurted out and Valarie's eyes widen.

"I- uh- what?" Val asked stuttering not knowing what to say.

"I managed to get a sneak peak of that diary" Rain pointed to the one on Val's bed "And I've read it before, you left him why?"

Then Valarie began telling her about the whole love affair but being careful not to tell her about Julian and her baby part other wise she feared that Rain might tell Nora or Mary and they tell Lily ruining their family.

"You cant tell no one though Rain, okay?" Valarie said and Rain gave her a soft smile.

"Of course" Rain said and left the room.

She walked into her own and sat and laid on the bed and tears fell from her eyes again, every night, like a cycle. She cried because she knew she would never feel the love she had from Kai again and she would never have him in her arms again and the thought of that made her heart bleed with agony.