Chapter 4, Book 2: Chance

*pant* *pant*

That useless lion passed out already, and im already this bad in a shape.

"You..what kind of trickery did you use?!" I asked him.

"Trickery?" He chuckled. "There's no trickery involed, Superintended Officer Ch'en."

"Just a small fraction of powers i had." He answered.

- - - [ Ch'en Office, an hour later ] - - -

"Can you believe that guy?! He just joking around and im taking the fight seriously!" I vented out my frustration. Hoshiguma only looked at me with a small smirk whils drinking her drink.

"You and Swire challenged him to a fight, and you both still lost? Wow, that's rough." Hoshiguma said.

"And he wasn't even sweating by a bit!! He's underestimating us!"

"Can you at least tell the story from the beginning?" Hoshiguma asked me. "Since i was doing your...paperworks while you seemingly getting massacred in the training grounds."

"Alright..so first up.."

"We already unseathed our weapons in the training grounds, of course me and Swire had such grudges we wouldn't coordinate that smoothly and would have our throats on each other."

"Then again it's a 2 on 1 fight. We both have ranged and melee advantage. But he only had mid-range attacks."

"Though i did went for the first blow. He dodged it so easily! Like he knew what's going to happen! I kept striking and Swire kept using her spiky yoyo thing. And somewhat we did coordinate better this time."

"But that wasn't even enough. He dodged so easily. It felt like our attacks are slower in his point of view."

"Tch, remembering it already made my blood boil so much." I said.

"Wow, you're definently super pissed.."
"I am."

"But didn't you and him go to the same school as a youth?" Hoshiguma asked me.

"We did, i didn't know that he was proficient in combat until now. If your asking why, well it's because he never really won a duel."

"To be honest Ch'en. I think he really cared about you.."

"Haaa?!" That ticked me off by a lot. "What do you mean he cared about me!?"

"Well, for starters, he seemed to looked..relieved when he sees you. He also pulled back his punches when dueling you so he wouldn't hurt you too much."

"Still, it felt like he's underestimating me.."
"Also, what do you mean he 'looked relieved' when he saw me?"

"You didn't notice his eyes? He looked like he found a bit of hope when he sees you."

Huh..strange..

"That means?" I asked.

"Did you got struck on the head with something? Because you're usually not this absent minded."

"To the point please."

"Alright, so, he never really looked alive when i saw him in the lobby. As if he lost his hope. Until he saw you. He definently had a bit of light shining in his eyes when he saw you." Hoshiguma pointed out. "Maybe, try go hang out with him or something, actually just go for a coffee drink with just the both of you. Give him a chance."

"Ugh..fine..i will try."

- - - [ COS POV ] - - -

Another day, another time for sufferings. I've got a meeting to attend in Rhodes Island soon and i've probably gonna move out from my condo soon. It's gonna be a very boring day today.