pawn shop

i woke up on popes couch.

"goodmoring" he said as he waked towards me. "what time is it?" i questioned while sitting up. "its 2pm. you slept in so late." pope replied while sitting next to me.

"so what are we doing today?" i asked him while puling the covers over me. "well i thought me and you could go do something just the two of us, but if you don't want too then we can go hang out with the others." he replied.

"no i would love to do something just the two of us." i said while getting up to go change.

the two of us walked out me of the house. "do you wanna see a movie or go to lunch?" he asked while opening the car door for me.

"is that even a question? im starving." i said while smiling. pope got into the car and started to drive.

"Im so happy we got the gold." i said, while pope nodding in agreement. the car ride was silent for a little.

i look at my hands messing with my rings for a minute before i decide to speak up.

"pope," i asked. "hm?" he replied,

"what did jj mean yesterday by your girlfriend is here?" i asked.

i would be lying if i said i didn't want him to like me.

pope was amazing. he is so nice, smart, and loving. pope has always been here for me and i guess just over time i have caught feelings.

my thoughts were interrupted when he spoke, "jj just saw us and he thought we were flirting, so he assumed we were dating" he said while looking at me then back to the road.

in that short amount of time we were at the wreck.

popes smile faded and soon stopped talking he looked like he was in deep though.

"pope what's wrong?" i asked him, "i just, actually never mind." he said while looking at me.

i pushed it off and walked into the wreck next to him.

"Makenzie! nice to see you." Anna, Kiara's mom said to me as i walked in.

"you too!" i replied, "have a seat anywhere, ill have Kie come take your order." she replied hurrying off.

"Hi, Im kiara, what drinks can i get started for you." the brunette said without even looking up from her note pad.

"sorta rude to not look costumers in the eyes." i teased her before she looked up. "Kenzie! hey. where john B or JJ or Sarah?" she asked.

"Um its just me and Pope." I say hinting to her. "Ohhh. I see." She says before rushing off to get waters.

Pope and I ordered our food. He got some sea food thing and I got a cheese burger.

"How can you go to a sea food place, live on a island and still never eat sea food." He tells me, "sea food is just bla." I say with a face as we both shove our faces.

"Here Kie." I say handing her the money for lunch and a tip. "We are going to the château are you coming?" Pope asked.

"Sure I'll be there later!" She replied happily.

we hung out with jj, john b, and sarah.

the boys had ran off while us two girls were sitting in the van.

"he said it looked something like this," sarah said while pointing to the map. "so-- about 50 feet deep." finished. "so i guess this is a little wagon." She said to me, and coughed. "straight to the gold room." kie said walking to the van and sitting on the edge.

"Kieee!! I missed you so much!" I say rapping my arms around her neck and pulling her into a hug.

"who drew this?" i asked while laughing and letting go of my best friend. "who do you think?" sarah replied.

i looked over at pope, he was already looking back.

POPE POV

"you wanna help?" john b asked me while i was looking at kenzie.

"me and makenzie- um- um we kinda went on a date this morning,"

i said to john b as he looked up at me, "you did what?!" he whisper shouted, and i hit him. "yeah we went to lunch we saw kie. it was really nice." i said while looking at kenzie sitting in the van.

"good for you pope! finally getting a girlfriend." he replied back.

MAKENZIE POV

"makenzie, this better work." jj said while coming back to the van. "cant pawn this if theres a giant weed symbol." he said while throwing the gold down.

"its gonna work." i said while picking up a torch. we put the gold in a pan, and i started to light it on fire.

sarah and john b watched while sitting by a tree, jj, kie and pope all sitting in the van watching me.

we drove to the pawn shop, and got out. "hella of a job melting it down dr. Frankenstein." jj said to me. "

like you couldve done any better." i replied, "i could have done much better-- i took a welding class." he said. "you- when?" i asked. "whoa, whoa. hey, sh! chill out okay." john b said.

"easy for you to say man, your not the one who has to pawn this piece of shit off." jj said.

"how did i get this job anyway?"" he asked, "cause your the best liar." pope said as we all followed jj into the shop.

"afternoon ma'am" jj said. "afternoon.." she replied. "i see you buy gold." he replied. "thats what the sign says doesnt it?" the lady replied back,

"well i sure hope you buy alot of it. because im about to blow your mind." jj said while moving his backpack to infront of her.

"i aint got much mind to blow so have at it." she replied, "how about them gold apples?" jj asked. "that aint real" she said while chuckling. they went back and forth for a while.

"fifty thousand?" jj said while laughing in her face. 

"you think i walked in here not knowin' the spot price. ma'am i know for a fact this is worth 140, at least." jj said.

"well sweetie your in a pawnshop. this sint zurich. do i look swiss to you?" she said stating the obvious. "ninety. or i walk" he said, "seventy. half price. and uh.. i dont ask questions where you got this from." she tried to say.

they finished talking while me and sarah did a small happy dance.

"well i have to send you to the warehouse. i have the money there. is that alright?" she asked jj and thats when i started listening again.

"wheres this warehouse?" jj asked.

-----

update version!

heyy!! im so sorry i havent posted a chapter in so so long! im gonna do it ever other day or two days now. so yeahh

i had no motivation.

anywayss! i hope you enjoyed!!

words- 1162