the gold never went down

we all sat at the fire place as jj handed out beers to the rest of us.

pope never liked to drink. we all drank. i occasionally shared mine with pope.

"guys listen the gold never went down with the ship" john b said, "here we go again" pope said.

jj and i both looked at him signaling from him to be quiet.

"its on the island." john b said with a blank face, kie and i both asked at the same time, "-are you serious?!" john b nodded his head.

i wasnt really paying attention to what he said after that because he gave me and kiara a letter to read,

"harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. except there is no wheat. you see wheat is code for gold." he continued to talk. "all we need is a original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold." he said as we all started to get excited.

pope brought up, "this might be a small possibility of thia actually being true," jj got up and gave john b a bigh hug "hello! fire! youre near the fire! youre gonna burn" i told them because if they fell back they would burn to death.

"im so proud of you right now," jj said as he put john b on the ground. "thank you, thats very sweet of you." he replied back to jj.

"okay so, whats the plan?" i asked. "good question, so sarah cameron is going to come tonight. she will bring a original survey map" he said.

"hold on." kie said. "sarah? wh- why sarah? you know what she did to makenzie and you still are bringing her along?" she asked again.

"uhm," john b said. "this is gonna be good." jj replied making kie and i glare at him.

"sarah, um- she, she got me into the archives in chapel hill yesterday. and thats where i got the letter." he said slowly.

"you were in chapel hill with sarah cameron yesterday?!" i said. "yeah um-" he got cut off by jj.

"he was mackin' on her!" he said that so quickly. "i wasnt macking." john b tried to say. "you were totally macking on sarah cameron." jj said, i scoffed and rolled my eyes along with kie. "i wasnt macking on her okay? i was using her for access." he finished with a sigh.

"did you tell her about the treasure?" i asked. "i was trying to get into the archives." he said.

"is that a yes?" kie finished. "i- i left out key details." john b said. i placed my head in my hands. "oh my god."

"you what! you let a kook into our secret. what about pogue life? what about the tee shirt company!" kie screamed. she was so mad and so was i.

"why dont i believe you" i said sarcastically. "im trying to make us filthy rich here. okay, so that we can pay off a boat, or-- or; uh.. send you to autopsy school to study dead bodies." he said to pope.

"look you guys know me. do i look like the type of person to fall for sarah cameron?" he finally said. "uh.." jj said.

"do you want me to answer that, or--" i said unsurely if he wanted a answer. "just-- just stop." he said. "look you dont know her yet, i do! we do!" kie said while pointing at me.