Chapter 8 [Hurt]

Here it goes

---

I felt drowsy. I tried to sit up but my body gave up. I had no strength. My vision was blurry and all I could see was the white ceiling. It felt like a Deja vu. I didn't feel the best so I drove myself back to sleep.

---

I woke up to the chattering around me. It wasn't loud or anything but it was disturbing enough to wake one from their sleep. My vision wasn't blurry anymore. I tried to get up because I felt that I was okay now. 

"Stay like that honey."

I was almost startled by the beautiful voice. "Mom?" I asked. "Yes, it certainly is me," she said stepping towards me. I didn't have the guts to look at her, so I stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled almost whispering.

"Thank you."

That was even a bigger shock for me. I haven't done anything you should thank me for, I even hurt the body of your daughter. 

"Are you feeling okay now?" asked a distant and unfamiliar voice.

"Y-yes. I think so. I don't feel hurt or anything and my vision is clear too."

"You certainly are a lucky one. A normal one of your age might have been unconscious for about ten months. As a doctor, I've seen many." 

The thing that bothered me was how long had I been in the hospital. There is a doctor here so I think this should most probably be a hospital. I almost forgot hospitals aren't around this time and to leave a royalty out would be too dangerous. I must be in another room I've never been in before in my house. It's just too big.

"How long was I unconscious?" I asked gulping the saliva that had formed in my mouth.

"2 months."

I was shocked. My jaw dropped. 

"You're surprised too right? Well compared to ten months, two months is too less."

"No, I wasted two months," I mumbled in despair.

"Ha? Did you say something?"

"Never did."

---

After asking me hundreds of questions until he was satisfied the doctor allowed my parents to meet me. My brother was along too. But he did not say a single word. It was just like when I was about only two-three months old.

---

I was discharged after a week of repetitive checkups. While the time I was asleep, much happened. 

Shikari and his family are under observation. He confessed that he hated our family because for some reason he didn't mention it and thought the biggest loss he could do to us destroyed the heir of the family which was my brother. 

It wasn't much surprising to me. Crimes here and there occurred frequently in my previous life, but I just simply ignored them. At this time, I'm not even surprised how I'm alive. Shikari said that he used the most powerful artifact against the wind attribute to attack my brother which is sold on the black market, illegally. 

I was given a second chance at life and it only has been about a year since I came here. If I die, won't the gods be sad? Their only way of current fun is me. That's what I think.