Chapter 2 [New World]

Here it goes

---

"You're still not shocked?" The so-called god tilted his head as he scanned my figure.

"What is the reason you came here?" I asked scoffing at his words.

"I made a bet," he said as he looked around in the darkness.

"..." I stood offended. I waited for him to continue his absurd words. 'Are gods supposed to be like this?' I mumbled. Strangely, he ignored it.

He gave a little cough and continued, "You lived your life in darkness... as you can see." He revealed the darkness around us. 

"I made a bet, that if a person like you- I mean I chose you, who has lived his whole life in emptiness, succeeds in filling this darkness and emptiness and replacing it with hope and love, I lose and so he wins. I think that it is impossible, what an old man he is to believe it can come true. And so he sent his servant in my world personally to escort you into the other world. I don't know what that old man is planning to do, but we got nothing better to do anyway."

My eyes widened at his words. "Are we pieces of chess that you can move us anyway you want?" I shouted in disbelief. 

"..."

"Now, I shall take my leave." He coughed and turned back. He was trying to avoid my question. "I'll not let you dodge my ques-"

He vanished returning to the darkness where he originated from. "Ah, who am I even to say that for those people who treated me like trash all my life?" I smirked.

I waited for the 'servant' of the other god, this shitty god told me about. I tapped my feet in annoyance. 'Tap Tap Tap' they echoed.

"I'm very pleased to see you." I heard a voice coming from nowhere in particular. "My God has sent me to escort you to our world. Pardon me, as I am not sure if I can show you my appearance, for now, we will work with this.

I will escort you to a fantasy world, where magic exists and is an important aspect of the world. If you have any queries, please go ahead."

"..."

"Seems like you don't. Now, before I send you, I will tell you a couple of things that may help you later on. You must become powerful if you want to survive, that world itself is filled with monsters that will not have a second thought before devouring you. You will get my guidance once every year, to intent and on purposes on the day you are born. You may carry on the memories of your past life into the new world.

Now put your hand on the book before you." 

A book appeared out of nowhere. I didn't hesitate nor did I give it a second thought. 'It might be a dream or well it may not be, either way, I have no escape' I thought as I placed my hands on the book.

"Hm, Quite an interesting fate."

"...fate?" I remained silent as I had no idea what his words meant.

"You are 'that' who resides above the earth, provokes the fire, and melts the ice when too strong. You are Wind."

"Wind as in, I'll have powers regarding that, an attribute?"

"You have quite a melodious voice." he exaggerated. Those words startled me and a sudden blush arrived on my cheeks. I instantly hid my frustration at his words and pulled myself into the act.

"Yes, the wind attribute will be the family you'll be born in. It is a family carrying the wind attribute for several thousand decades and is known to have the most powerful wind attribute users."

"Interesting."

"You are to carry on the life there. There are four main elements, fire, the ice, the earth, and the wind. Though there are more that are told in fairytales and if you are lucky you will find one or all. This is my gift to you, you know now that it is real and can seek its power."

"How many are there in total?" I asked as I burned with curiosity.

"..." The servant remained silent. He let out a sigh and said "There are seven in total."

"Seven, and four are known. So, I need to find out three more." I said out aloud as I nodded to myself.

"Look here, it's not certain you will find it," he said furiously.

"Nevermind, I'll give it a try."

I heard the servant click his tongue in anger, "And last You will be a girl."

"..."

"See you in a year," he said.

I was bewildered at his words. 'Me, A girl?' I thought widening my eyes. Soon the vision before my eyes became dark.

I saw a light. After a few minutes, I could see the new world. A handsome man held me in his hands. He was accompanied by a young and beautiful woman. She looked pale but showed expressions of happiness. She couldn't hold back her tears and burst out into tears a mere second later. There was a young lad next to the man. His eyes were shining and he looked eagerly at me. 

'So this is my new family?' I thought relieved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehh, Hope you liked it.