Chapter 8 | The Enhanced

Chris woke up with a gasp . He immediately looked around alarmed , like a deer caught in headlights .

   But to his relief he found Jasmine starring down at him with hints of worry in her eyes . She asked : "Oh Thank the Vampires Novels , your Okay !?"

    Chris nodded but then to his surprise , Jasmine immediately hugged him ,tight .

    She began to sob, and Chris replied : "Don't worry Jess , I am as fine as a vampire could be ."

   She continued sobbing , but then suddenly .........

   *STAB* *STAB* *STAB*

   Chris felt blood rise in his mouth and he coughed up blood and fell down .

   He looked up and saw Jasmine grinning evilly with a malicious smirk on her face . She was holding a dagger , probably one of the enchanted ones that can kill Vampires .

   Blood was dripping from the dagger . Chris looked at her with agony and asked : "Why ?"

   Jasmine replied : "Because... he made me do it ."

   Suddenly her evil grin was replaced with tears coming from her eyes . She looked at Chris and said : "I am sorry Chris . I hope you know that 'this was the only way'."

    Jasmine then took the dagger and pierced it through Chris's heart and then as Chris took his last breaths , he saw Jasmine kill herself by slicing her own throat open , blood began to flow out and she feel down with a thump.

  Her lifeless eyes stared down at him.

   Chris screamed , not because of the pain or because he was about to die, but because Jasmine died.  Chris screamed loud but his voices were over flown by the sounds off laughter . Chris looked around at the source with blood tears coming from his eyes and saw 2 men laughing .

   And soon Chris was dead as well.

_______________________

   "NO !" Chris woke up with a scream scaring the living life out of Jasmine .

    Jasmine yelped and put her hand on her heart and said : "JESUS !", she was driving the car and it nearly crashed from the jump scare. She then parked the car on he side of the road .

    After her heartbeat returned to normal , she took a deep breath and screeched : "WHAT THE HELL CHRISTOPHER MAGUS !?"

     She immediately halted when she saw his expression. He had tears streaming down his eyes. He quite literally looked liked a baby who with a adorable sad tear-streaked face .

   Jasmine was used to emo Chris , Angry Chris, Protective Chris , Vamp Chris but she had never throughout their friendship seen Chris this sad ? Heartbroken .

    Jasmine went mother mode . She asked : "Oh my God . Chris are you alright ?!"

    Chris shook his head , not bothering to lie . Jasmine immediately hugged him, and she felt him stiffen for some reason but then after he hugged her back.

   Soon after Chris was calm and collected and healed , Thanks to Vampire Regeneration Powers.

    Jasmine looked at him seriously and asked : "Chris what happened ?"
    Chris replied : "Nothing , Just a nightmare."

      "Oh no you don't . I saw you crying and I have never seen you like that . NEVER . So tell me what's wrong ?" Jasmine asked again .

    Chris sighed . He then proceeded to tell her about the nightmare he just had . With detail.

   By the time he was done , Jasmine looked sick and like she was ready to throw up.

        Her expression then turned from confusion to sick to understanding to realization to horror and then to immense sympathy .

    She then hugged Chris again this time tears streaming from her eyes . Chris knew that she knew the main reason for his trauma at the moment.

     For a couple of partner Detectives , they made quite a good team , especially considering they were best friends forever , quite literally in Chris's case.

      Soon they were back on the road , a comfortable silence between them . For the next couple of minutes no one spoke a word.

   Soon Jasmine broke the silence seeing the uneasiness and said : "Don't worry about it Chris . It was just a nightmare . Nothing more."

   "No that's the problem Jess, It's is more." Chris stated grimly .

   "What do you mean ?" Jasmine asked confused .

   "That wasn't a Nightmare." He stated again. "What ?" Jasmine asked even more confused now.

   "Jess , what do you think my powers are ?" Chris asked .

   "Well from what I have seen and from what you told me , Super Smell , Super Hearing , Super Sight, Flight , Inhuman Speed , Super Strength and Regeneration right ?" Jasmine stated .

    "Yes , those are the powers of all "Normal" Vampires." Chris said with a shaken breath .

   He had Jasmine's full attention now . He continued : "Remember when I mentioned th5e hierarchy of Vampires . The kings and queen being top and The Council being the 5th ?"

    "Yeah ?" Jasmine replied unsure where Chris was going with this .

   He replied : "There are a special breeds or should I say kind of Vampires that are Rare . So Rare that chances of encountering one of them in your lifetime is almost Impossible . Even for Vampires.  They are dubbed as "Enhanced Vampires" or simply "The Enhanced". They have authority over the Council . They are either 4th or 3rd in the authority society if under oath . But they are said to be so powerful , some of them, that they can easily over throw other authorities , and rank themselves as 2nd or even over throw the king and queen depending upon their powers."

     Jasmine processed what she heard and then asked : "Okay so The Enhanced are like Super Powered Vamps or Something ?"

      "In a word , Yes. Most Enhanced have 1 and only 1 unique special ability that no other normal vampire could possibly acquire ." Chris replied firmly .

  "What type of powers are we talking about ?" Jasmine asked , her curiosity and interests peaked .

   "Well The Most Powerful Vampire of all time is said to be "The Vampire of Death" , but that's just a Myth . A literal Myth.  It dates back to at least half a million years old ,and no such Vampires have been spotted or heard of since . But there are others . Some may have Precognition abilities aka seeing the future , some may wield anyone of the elements Earth, Fire , Water , Air . Some may be telepaths and mind controllers , and some may have the ability to manipulate energy . The Strongest that aren't Myths are said to be The Energy Manipulators . There are legends and Myths of a "The Lightening Vampire" but then again no proof . And as you saw today . Our serial killer vampire was an enhanced with the ability to shape shift . All of them typically have more than normal amount of super strength as well." Chris explained casually .

    Jasmine did double takes and deep breaths as she processed the new tons and loads of new information.

      "Okay ,I am gonna process that  but what does this have to do with your nightmare ?" Jasmine asked .

    Chris took a deep breath and blurted out : "I am also an Enhanced Vampire Jess. I am a Precognition Vampire . I can see the future or predict Prophecies . And that Nightmare was a Prophecy . It will happen , soon."

   Jasmine blinked once then twice and then thrice. 

     Then she took a deep breath and said: "I am sorry , I know today has been ridiculous and nerve wrecking and full of surprises hon but WHAT THE F DID YOU JUST SAY ?!"

______________________

   END OF CHAPTER 9

______________________