Prologue

No one's POV :

           "No.  Please !" the boy screamed . He had fallen on the ground . With adrenaline kicking in, Max Peterson , got up and began to run again .

      Out of the corner of his eye he could see the figure slowly but steadily gaining up on him. The person was mocking his steps.

      Max without seeing could feel it , it was a unreal feeling , like a 6th sense. He could feel the malicious stare and intent of the person chasing him.

     The foot steps suddenly stopped . But Max certainly didn't. His blonde hair rushed backwards as the air hit his face. His heart was pounding a hundred miles ahead.

    He ran faster than he had in his entire life. Only when he got far enough did he stop to catch his breath . It was like he had ran a hundred miles, his heartbeat was beating at the speed of sound. Suddenly he heard a small sound.

    Max's breath got caught up in his throat, he was frozen in fear . His blue eyes flashed fear , and he didn't dare make a sound. The atmosphere shifted into dread , relief long gone. Everything was silent , everything. It was dead silent, the type of uncomfortable silence in which you can hear a pin drop .

     Max could feel the blood rushing in his ears , the sound of his heart beat , beating loudly against his chest . He looked behind him , into the direction from which he ran , almost afraid to see there.

     He sighed in relief and released the breath he hadn't even realized he was holding . 

   "🎵HUMPTY DUMPTY SAT ON A WALL..."

     Max practically jumped five feet in the air and dread filled him when he saw the same person who was chasing him , right now, casually standing near the building's wall , looking at him with a crazed demonic smile that would send chills down everyone's spine.

     Max screamed and without second thoughts , bolted . He ran all the way, and whenever he looked back , the person was always there looking at him .

   What was more disturbing was that the person didn't even seem tired , it was like the person wasn't even tired . Max looked back and this time for the first time made eye contact with the person , and then......

    Suddenly the person sang another verse in a creepy and deep dark voice.

   ".....HUMPTY DUMPTY HAD A GREAT FALL........"

      Max opened his eyes and nearly gasped and then he screamed again . He was on top of a building . 'How is this it possible' he thought. He was just in an alley .

     Before he knew , the person appeared again . Max began to beg for mercy . He said : "Please don't kill me . Please what have I ever done to you ?!"

      The person looked at him . The person didn't reply , they just looked at Max with eerie smile and then they pushed Max. Max stumbled fell down from the 20 story building and his body splattered and hit the ground , all the bones in his body broke and blood started to pour out .

    Max Peterson was no more.

   The person immediately went to Max , who at this point was dead. The person took what they wanted from Max and after being satisfied with their work , they left . 

   "...ALL THE KINGS HORSES AND ALL THE KINGS MEN COULDN'T PUT HUMPTY TOGETHER AGAIN.🎵".

    The next morning , the news reporters , the public and The Police had all gathered their . They knew only one thing , this was just another murder or suicide in the busy street of New York , little did they know.....

_______________________

    END OF PROLOGUE

_______________________