Chapter 6 | The New Victim

"Hmmm......"  Jasmine hummed as she got a closer look at the dead body .

    After taking another closer look , Jasmine was sure this was a human body . She didn't show it but she was on the verge of puking . But for the sake of her dignity , she choose not too.

  "Yep definitely a Human body". Jasmine said at last as she cringed at the sight before her .

   "Really ? Thanks Jess I didn't know ." Chris muttered sarcastically .

   Nick on the other hand had just finished puking for the fourth time . He said : "3 years of service and you would think I had seen the worst .But this...  How are you guys not sick ?!" He asked in bewilderment .

    Jasmine replied : "Oh trust me when I say I have seen 'Stranger Things' ." 

    "Like the season ?" Nick asked confused .

  "Well duh . But I meant it as literally . Which reminds me , I hope we get this sick dude behind bars soon . I want to watch Stranger Things . Its coming this Friday . Only 3 days left ?! And Chris Umbrella Academy is coming next month . Can you believe it ?!" Jasmine replied excitedly .

    "As much as I love to talk about shows Jess , but currently we are literally in a murder scene ..." Chris spoke up .

    He continued : "What poem is it this time ?"

   Nick replied : "Judging by the three bags of the victim's real bloody skin...."

   Jasmine concluded : "Baba Black Sheep Have you any wool . Yes Sir Yes Sir 3 bags full ."

   "Jeez and I thought things couldn't get more twisted . Literally skinned a women alive and put it in 3 bags ." Chris shuddered . This was way above his pay grade .

     "How old is she ?" Jasmine asked as a chill ran down her spine.

    "20, Jennifer Chav, lived alone , no known family members as of know and no visible or known connections to the other victims other than the poem card and poem death . This serial killer has made themselves a name in the public . The media is calling them "The Rhyme Killer"." Nick stated .

     Chris sighed . 'The god damn council should do something know or else I-'  Chris was cut off from his thoughts when he spotted someone from the corner of his eye peeking at him, Jasmine and Nick .

   Chris sighed . 'Probably one of those snoopy teens' he thought with a shrug .

  He was about to say something when he realized .He couldn't use his enhanced senses to locate him. He couldn't smell him nor could he hear a heartbeat from where the allegedly 'teen' was .

     'Don't tell me....' Chris thought with shock as he fully whipped his head towards the place where he had seen the boy or man ? Or the Vampire......

    'Wait Maybe The Council sent him? No. The body was just found , no way did those old f**ks did something on time.' Chris thought . 

    He immediately ran out of the house in 'human' speed . He didn't want to show his inhuman speed to the other cops .

    Nick was confused and Jessica excused herself .

   Jessica ran out towards where she supposed Chris was and saw him staring at the window . She was confused . She asked : "Chris is everything all right ?"

   Chris looked at her with a look she remarkably could not comprehend . He said in a panicked voice : "Jess, I think I saw the killer ."

   "What ?!" She practically screeched .