Chapter 5 | The Council of Vampires

Chris and Jasmine were lead to the waiting room , where Chris made sure Jasmine would be safe much to Jasmine's amusement .

   After feeling satisfied he left her there to do whatever she wants .

  Jasmine sighed as Chris left , she knew she should be scared about these other Vampires , but honestly she thought she felt excited , awed and interested if anything . 

    She thought about what she should do in the mean time . Then she remembered something . She had a phone !? 

    So she simply sat down and began to watch Youtube , with offline videos obviously . 'Wait do they have underground internet here ?!' she suddenly wondered .

_____________________

   It was safe to say that Chris was a little nervous , no scratch that he was a nervous wreck . He personally had only seen the Council of Vampires once , and that was when he fully 'turned' into a Vampire .

   He had been scared and frightened .But in his defense these sorta things were supposed to be myths and fairy tails , nothing more.

   That was a few years ago .  Now , he knew almost everything there is about Vampires , and their enemies.....

    He took a deep breath , as the guards led him to the hall . They knocked on the door , and he heard someone say "enter".

   Chris went inside and stood in the center of the room . He was surrounded by 5 chairs , one in each corner .

  He saw a little girl who looked about 8 years old , but was actually more than a 1000 years old, a old man , who was actually in his 500s, a teen looking boy who was in his 800s, a women who looked in her mid 20s but in reality was in her  900s , and then there was the last member , a man who looked in his 30s but was actually in  his 1200s .

    Together they were The High Council of Vampires where Vampire cases were dealt with .

    On Authority level they were ranked 5 ranks under The King and Queen .

   The Vampire Hierarchy went like this;

The King and Queen, The Prince and Princess, The Royal Relatives , The Governors , The Judgement Council , The Myths and then The High Council.

       Chris hadn't seen any of the other authorities but as far as he knew , they operated in secret and were scattered around the world . The King and Queen and their children made the laws and were responsible for the protection of the Vampire community .

      Chris had never questioned on the 'king and queen' and how cliche it sounded , as Jasmine would say . But sometimes for the sake of his sanity he rather preferred to pretend they didn't exist .

  He was dragged out of his thoughts when the girl spoke of : "Chris lovely to see you again , How have you been ? And what could be so urgent that you had to bring it here ?"

    Chris replied : "Miss Siren , I am fine , the reason I came here because is that , recently I have been working on a case , 3 people were murdered last night and all evidence points towards a rogue Vampire ."

    "A Rogue Vampire ? Do you think he's part of those pesky Gangs ?" The boy , Michael, asked Siren . 

   The lady, Jenna, replied for her : "Impossible , those idiots are idiots but even they wouldn't do something this risky ."

    The old man , Charles , then spoke up : "Christopher , has anyone suspected the involvement of Vampires ?"

   Chris replied : "No sir, But-"

   The man, Coal cut him off kindly and said : "Well , was their any evidence for the Humans that could point towards involvement of supernatural ?"

   Chris again replied : "Well.... not exactly."

   Michael sighed and said: "Then this isn't that urgent ."

   Jenna replied : "But we have to consider it ."

    Michael replied to her : "Fine , we will sent 2 of the soldiers to investigate this ."

   Charles nodded in agreement . So did the other 3 .

    Siren then announced : "Then it is settled, we will send 2 soldiers if another Human is killed ."

  Chris wanted to argue and scream at them for casually dismissing it , but he knew he would be digging his own grave . The Council could literally end his existence right then and there .So he nodded and thanked the council and left.

    Chris then went back to the waiting room and what he saw shocked him......

   The guards were there with Jasmine ...and she was.......

 '........ Applying make-up on their faces ???...Wha....' Chris rubbed his eyes . How did this happen?!

   Jasmine noticed Chris and said : "Oh hey Chris"

   "What in the name of The Umbrella Academy is happening up in here ?" he asked wide eyed.

  "Oh this . Well I got bored , so I asked the guards if they wanted for me to do some make up on them and make them look hotter and cooler, so they agreed , and then we are here . Turns out Vampires are more fun than they seem." She said as she applied some eye liner on one of the female guards.

    Chris slapped his head on his forehead . He left Jasmine for 5 minutes and she managed to make friends with all the guards and got them to use make-up.... He sighed .... Jasmine will always be Jasmine -_-

     Chris had to wait an hour before all the guards got their turn and get their make-up by Jasmine , who was clearly enjoying this .

   After FINALLY being done , Jasmine said goodbye to her new friends , who also clearly were star struck by their new looks .

   "So... any luck with the council" Jasmine asked as they got out of the secret society and back into their cars .

    "No, they won't do Sh!t about it for now ." Chris replied feeling stressed out . 

   "So what now ?" Jasmine asked . Although it didn't seem like it , but Chris could tell that despite her playful and sometimes bewildering nature , Jasmine was also stressed out as well , but she was good at hiding it , But unfortunately for her , Chris knew her too well.

     "I don't know honestly , there is one thing other option though . But I am not sure about it ." Chris replied , he felt uneasy about his last choice , but did he have any other option . Not really .

      Before he could reply , suddenly the phone rang . It was the Captain . Jasmine started to roll her eyes  while Chris picked up the phone and put it on speaker .

     The Captain said: "Chris and Jasmine , I just received a phone call from Nick . We found a fourth victim ."

________________________

       END OF CHAPTER 5

________________________