Chapter 6 | The New Victim

Start from the beginning

  "No time to explain . We need to go in the car .NOW" Chris responded firmly .

   There was something in his voice that Jess found a bit odd . She thought for a second he saw a ghost of some kind , or a vampire..... wait . yeah he did actually. 

  Chris told her to floor it and she did and drove full speed to god knows where . She asked Chris : "Where am I supposed to be driving again ?"

   "Towards my house ." He said , his voice seemingly shaken .

   Jess nodded . Chris sighed and asked suddenly : "Jess , I found a note , It scared me . I saw someone at the window and when I got out , no one was there , except a note."

   "Well don't keep me in suspense , what did the note say ?"  Jessica asked impatiently .

   "It said : "Ask your friend , Jessica what her favorite nursery rhyme is...."" Chris replied with tears in his eyes . Jessica's breath hitched .

  She immediately made a U-turn , not towards Chris's house but towards the basement where they found the Itsy Bitsy Spider Victim.

   She knew Chris knew where they were headed but she didn't bother explaining it to him . Chris did raise his eyebrows despite the tears dripping from his face and his shaky breaths .

   Jasmine spoke up : "I know you are taking me home to convince me to drop out of the case but no. I won't . We are going to investigate the third victim's death place at that abandoned Building and I am going to hear no complaints ."

  Chris just nodded and looked away seemingly lost in his thoughts .

_________________________

    Nick sighed Jessica and Christopher left a few minutes ago . He saw them leaving and sighed . The forensics were about to arrive soon as well. In all honesty Nick was getting sick of these murders .

   He stepped out of the house and went to the backyard curiously because he had seen Chris run there earlier for some reason . 

   He went there and found absolutely nothing .

   Nick sighed .

  He was about to leave when suddenly he felt an intense rush of wind behind him. It was as if a car ran past him barely missing him.

   Nick practically flew four feet up the ground and screamed .

   He took out his gun and was shocked to see .... Chris ?

   He immediately put the gun away and said : "Chris what the HELL ? You scared me . When did you get here and where's Jessica?"

   Chris looked at him confused and asked : "What do you mean ? I left her here ."

   It was Nick's turn to be confused . He replied : "What ? What are YOU talking about . I literally saw you and Jessica leave and go to God knows where . Are you okay ?"

    Chris at the moment was shocked , angry and most of all horrified.

   He had left at inhuman speed to find any signs of the boy he spotted but no one was there . 'Oh No ....' He thought .

   The person who had left with Jessica wasn't him . It was the Vampire Serial Killer....

   Realization dawned on his face and he immediately left confusing Nick even more , because Chris knew , Jessica's life was in danger.

___________________________

 In about 10 minutes they were there . Jasmine practically threw open the door and immediately marched inside .

   Meanwhile 'Chris' smirked . He immediately rubbed his tears away . And opened the door and stepped outside and closed it . And he followed Jessica inside .

   As soon he was inside 'Chris' transformed. His eyes turned a deeper shade of Dark Blue, his teeth became sharp , and two fangs formed , and his nails got sharper and all his instincts and senses became further enhanced .

   And soon his face morphed into something or rather someone else . He turned into his Vampire state . The only thought in his mind was :

   'Time to kill Victim #5 . What rhyme should I choose.... How about 'Pop Goes The Weasel' ?'

    The man , who imposed as Chris , grinned . He went further inside to kill Jessica once and for all .

________________________

    END OF CHAPTER 6

________________________