Remembering the List

Present time; two and a half years after the war; a secluded park

He got down on one knee in front of her, putting his hand in his pocket and pulling out a small red box with green details. "Ever since we had to share a dorm two years ago, I've been absolutely in love with you. I thought it would be the worst thing in the world. Having to share a dorm with the know-it-all Gryffindor princess. But on the contrary. It was the best. The first time I knew I was in love with you was when you were telling me about Nathaniel. I saw you at your worst. And that just made me realize that no one is perfect. We all have imperfections. You made me realize that I wasn't alone in the world. That I would always have someone to lean on. You have given me love, and security and I love everything about you. The way you bite on your lip when you're reading or thinking about something, the way you hum while you're baking and sing Christmas music in the middle of summer. I used to be spoiled rotten by money and all I wanted was that money. But now, I'm spoiled rotten by your love and all I want, is to be able to have your face as the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. I may not be your first kiss, your first love or your first time. But I want to be your last everything. So, Hermione Jean Granger, will you marry me?"

Tears were filled in Hermione's eyes as she saw the love of her life down on one knee in front of her. "Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" she said

Draco smiled brightly as he slipped the beautiful, elegant ring on her left-hand marriage finger. After he slipped it on, he quickly stood up and kiss Hermione passionately. They stayed like the for a while before they pulled away, for the need to oxygen was too strong. Draco leaned his forehead down to lean against hers "I love you so much, soon to be wife." 

"I love you too, soon to be husband." Hermione said, leaning up and kissed him once more.

~~~

It was nearing spring break. The time where every single Weasley sibling, including their significant other came down to the Burrow and spent two weeks there. It was always the highlight of Molly's year. Seeing her children all at once with their families. And even though Hermione wasn't related by blood or by marriage, she was always a part of the tradition. Almost every single Weasley sibling was in a relationship. Bill was married to Fleur, and they have their daughter, Victorie. Charlie was still single. Percy was dating Penelopy Clearwater. George was single. Ron was dating Luna Lovegood. Ginny was married to Harry, and lastly, Hermione is engaged to Draco Malfoy. 

But every single person moved out. Bill, Fleur and Victorie had Shell Cottage. Charlie was still in Romania. Percy lived with Penelopy. George lived in a wizard apartment building in wizarding London. Ron and Luna lived in Luna's childhood home. Ginny and Harry lived at 12 Grimmuald Place. And Hermione lived with Draco in the same apartment building as George. Right across the hall from him. 

When Hermione returned for her 7th year of Hogwarts after the war, she had to share a head dorm with Draco Malfoy. Neither liked it very much at first, but they both got used to it. Very slowly, Hermione and Draco fell in love. Of course, they didn't want to. They both wanted to finish the year, and never speak to each other again, however the universe had different fates for them. They started dating in April, and now, two years later, they were engaged. 

The morning after she and Draco got engaged, she woke up tangles in the arms of her new fiancé. Fiancé, she liked the sound of that. Slowly and quietly, she got up and wrapped the blanket around her body. From there, she made her way over to her dresser and started getting some clothes on. Hermione opened her top draw and put on her undergarments, and then dropped the blanket to the ground, however, the blanket got caught on a hair spray bottle and made it tumble down with it, creating a loud noise. "Mia...?" Draco groaned, waking up and seeing her standing.