Chapter 40: Hero battle and a Scaly Threat

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw that Issei and the others had successfully rescued Kunou from Artemis's clutches and was reunited with their mother, after sharing a tearful reunion, Yasaka had eternally thanked her lover for saving their daughter and bringing her unarmed, Issei and the mother and daughter duo shared an embrace for a while till they were separated by someone coughing since they were with other people as well, that was when they were joined by Asgore and Toriel who had come in here to congratulate the Sitri Heiress, after that they all celebrated at the Hyoudou residence for Sona winning the tournament. Two days later, Issei can be seen working on his homework, Rosswiese had come in to help him with his homework after which they were talking about how to solve these problems without any issue. Then Issei was playing his video game to only stop playing and head towards there, in his way he encounters both Asriel and Chara who were also able to sense the same killer intent heading from the same direction, Issei rushed to what seemed to be Ophis's room, only to see that Cao Cao was trying to harm Ophis. Issei immediately rushed him and punched him sending him flying thankfully Ophis was unharmed resulting in a fight to be broken out at Cao Cao. Cao Cao this time was prepared against Issei Hyoudou, he smirked at the angry Issei Hyoudou and activated his sub species balance breaker Polar Night Longinus Chakravartin, which actually gave them difficulty as Cao Cao used the orbs to try and harm Chara since she was the weakest one present in the room, by using one of the orbs to try and turn Asriel's attack against him, this caused both the brothers to get angry, they started to attack Cao Cao, Issei knew this orbs from last time since he had fought Cao Cao from the previous timeline and had informed the duo, this allowed Asriel to make his moves unpredictable forcing Cao Cao to dodge, however this only brought him closer to Chara forcing him to defend himself to use the Orb to break her knife, this made him open to a direct punch courtesy of Issei allowing them to push against Cao Cao forcing him to retreat from there. Azazel had come in to check on the condition and was happy that no one was harmed, the next thing that happened was a call from Sona as the hero faction had began an all out assault on the Kuoh Academy causing them to rush there, Issei called his team for the assist as well, Vali team had also joined them once Issei had called him, after that Issei and Vali along with their teams had come to assist the peerages that were attacked, Issei had come to assist against the Hero Faction that was when Nilreim magicians and the Old Satan Faction led by Euclid Lucifuge, Azazel and Tiamat were fighting against Euclid who had something up his sleeve, while Saji faced against Walburga forcing her and her squad to retreat abandoning the Nilreim magicians. Meanwhile Kiba and the ORC fought against the Old Satan Faction members, he was challenged by Seigfried, who he successfully manage to defeat and kill him, he then joined back the ORC to beat the Old Satan Faction, after that on seeing Seigfried being defeated and killed, Cao Cao brought in his trump card, a brainwashed Leonardo who summoned 12 Bandersnatch and 1 Jabberwocky, resulting in massive damage to the mentality of Leonardo, after which Issei, Vali and their teams were facing off against the monsters, meanwhile Azazel and Tiamat were able to force Euclid to flee from there, Tiamat wanted to chase him down but Azazel stopped her pointing towards the balance breaker monsters created by Leonardo, stopping her and forcing the duo to help the others.

Issei and Vali along with the others were facing off against the Gigantic monsters created by the brainwashed Leonardo against the teams, thankfully no school students were present for the Hero Faction to take as hostages, Issei knew that he needed Gigantic balance break against the monster, but since Great Red was nowhere in sight, Issei was on his own,