Chapter 12: A Funny Bone man and Open House

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Previously we saw the aftermath of the battle against the stray exorcist Freed as well as the stray priest Valper Gallieli, resulting in the priest's escape into the darkness, with Xenovia and Irina following him. Issei and the others then head home since there was nothing left to do. The next day while patrolling the school grounds, Sona's familiar had found Irina who had been defeated and was on the ground, Sona on hearing this from her familiar immediately called everyone to the location where Irina was to which they arrived on time, they then see Freed who had told them that it was their master responsible for Irina's condition, they then look up to see a cadre angel of Grigori, Kokabiel himself showed up. After sending Irina to the Sitri mansion for treatment. Kokabiel then greets them after which he reveals the intention of war was that he had nothing in his life, he was simply bored with peace, so he stole the swords to provoke the Church, after which he wanted to hurt Sona and Rias to provoke the Satans, he then proceeds to fly towards the school to begin his final phase of the plan, Issei and the others then head there to stop him. He then sees that Kokabiel was waiting for the Satans to show up, on finding out they will be coming after a while, he summons to Cerberus to entertain himself, he then saw Issei and Rias fighting the dogs with interest and found worthy opponents. After defeating the dogs, we could see Kiba heading towards Valper with the intention to hate, after finding out the real purpose of the test subjects, everybody looked at Valper in pure disgust. Kiba on once again finding out the harsh truth about them, wondered whether he should be the one to stay alive, that was when the souls who had perished due to that monster had came cheering him up, pushong him to unlock his balance breaker as well as soul trait, Bravery. After which Valper comes to the conclusion as to why Holy and devil powers merged, due to which Kokabiel kills him. Kokabiel then proceeds to reveal the truth about God's demise to the group much to their shock. But Issei does not give a crap about god's demise since he was never a strong believer before and was never now, he only desired to protect his family from people like him, after which both of them engage with Issei nearly beating the crap out of him, but before he could finish, Vali intervenes claiming that he needed to take him away due to Azazel ordering him. Vali and Issei then go to a secluded location where they have a talk about what Vali and his team are doing with him confirming that the mastermind of the Khaos Brigade is finding another way to destroy and find a way to other dimensions, he also tells him about his team and Kuroka missing him, after which he takes Kokabiel and leaves. After which Issei and the others decide that they should go home as it was one hell of a day.

Issei can be seen with the other who are celebrating their victory over Kokabiel, it was one hell of a battle for the gang with each and every one of the members being pushed to their limits given that Kokabiel and not only summoned two Cerberus as well as a whole legion of Fallen angels just waiting to get their hands on them, even though they managed to defeat all of them, it still pushed most of them to their limits, Kiba unlocking his soul trait as well as his balance breaker and finally the death of god was too much for some of the characters.

Xenovia then wonders how can a heretic use the Durandal not only so efficiently but also without any drawbacks, if the death of god was not a big shocker for her and that was when this unexpected thing happens. She also needed to bring the sword back to the church

Xenovia: Hey, can I have Durandal back

Issei: Oh yeah sure

Xenovia tries to touch the sword but the sword revolts and it cuts off Xenovia's hand in response, it was thankfully a minor cut so it was not an issue, Issei was surprised on as to why is he able to get Durandal this time instead of Ascalon, Xenovia is under so much confusion, she is beginning to contemplate her life choices. She then leaves given that she has nowhere to go now along with the rest of his team back to their houses