Chapter 36: A Titanic Clash

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners

Previously we saw that Issei had a new guest that wanted to stay with him, the Ouroboros Dragon themself Ophis had come here to stay with them, she was curious about Issei as a person, as well as how he became the way he is today, Issei first activated Ophis's memory of the previous timeline, Ophis on seeing Issei remembered him as their first friend, the one who gave them a home after being betrayed by their own subordinates, they used her own powers to create a copy of her, Lilith, she remembers everything, she immediately hugged Issei when they remembered their relationship, Ophis was then given a chocolate to calm her down, with Issei hoping that Chara would not have mind, Issei then explains the reasoning for him to commit the reset, from his fight with Trihexa, to the girls cheating on him and finally him meeting both the beast of apocalypse and his younger sister, after telling his story, Ophis kept an emotionless expression but deep down they were furious, the mother figure they looked upto cheated on him and threw him away like some sort of tool, they apologized for not visiting Issei when he was in the Hospital to which Issei responded that he is long over it, after having a chat with Trihexa, they are introduced to the rest of the residents in the house, which not many were surprised considering they have lived in the Hyoudou residence before, with the exception of Sona and Raynare who were terrified that the Ouroboros Dragon was living here, Issei thankfully explained them that they just wants to stay with them, much to their surprise and happiness. Azazel then dragged Issei with him for something important, where he revealed that Indra wanted to meet and test Issei, much to his fear, he then informed Issei that he wanted to have a match with him, to which Issei accepted. Two days later, Indra appears at the Hyoudou residence in order to fight against Issei, they both then head to a different dimension to begin their fighting, initially beginning with the base form, Indra forces Issei to go to his balance breaker form by summoning Lightning thanks to his weapon Vajra, Issei and Indra then continue their clash in their balance breaker form, Issei tried to push Indra back a few steps but Indra was no joke, being in the top 10 strongest meant that even balance breaker was not enough to put him down for good, Issei then used Cardinal Crimson Full Drive to which Indra noticed the aura is similar to that of the juggernaut drive to which Indra knew that he managed to surpass the Juggernaut Drive, he then asked Issei to show his full power, to which Issei responded with a Longinus Smasher, Indra was unable to take on most of the energy which resulted in his armor being broken although he was unharmed, he still lost his armor which he had worn against his battle, after the dust settled Indra noticed his attacks held conviction and hope, on asking Issei his real reason for fighting, Issei responded with an answer much to Indra's smile, they then return back where Issei is jumped on by his entire team, Indra then took Issei to private and gave him the miracle drug Amrita as a way of passing the test, he then warned Issei that the Khaos Brigade is reviving someone that might threaten life itself, so he needed to be prepared for what comes next, Issei knew that this enemy is someone he has never faced before in his life.

Issei then told the others who they would be facing in the near future, almost everyone was terrified someone threatening the very life itself is quite terrifying, they knew that Gaia was dangerous, most of them have heard stories of her ruining her children for her own selfish needs, from what Sona was aware of she being sealed by the Greek gods, but most probably Hades, Posseidon and Zeus were the ones that ended up sealing her away, Issei knew that the only ones that could release her was someone who had the power of Greek Gods, Issei assumed that Rizevim must have found a way to release her.

Raynare: I-Ise that is suicide, re-releasing Gaia is somewhat of a suicide, what they are doing is pure Chaos

Issei: That's what Rizevim wanted, he always wanted Chaos at the end of the day, he wants to prove to the world, that devils are rotten beings that only exist to create Chaos, that is why he wanted to release Trihexa in the previous timeline, but since they are with me as we speak, he is going for the second strongest being that was sealed Gaia