Pinellia and Wumo were leaning against each other, as if they could hear each other's heartbeats.

  Banxia looked up at the sky and closed her eyes to feel this quiet moment. Suddenly she smiled and opened her eyes to look at Wu Mo and said, "Wu Mo, I suddenly remembered a legend from our famous family."

  Wu Mo raised his eyebrows slightly and touched her cheek: "What legend?"

  Banxia smiled and said, "I heard the old people say that one day in the future, a woman in black will come to the village on a night of lightning and thunder, and ask for incense ash from each household."

  Wu Mo had never heard of this: "Keep talking."

  Banxia shook her head: "It is said that we are going to give her all the incense ashes, and then—"

  She paused, frowned, but continued: "Then the temple will collapse..." After the collapse, will the prominent family leave here?

  In fact, Banxia originally just told a story casually to make Wumo feel better, but before the story was finished, she suddenly remembered what the patriarch once said.

  Seeing Banxia stop, Wumo couldn't help asking, "The temple collapsed? Then what?"

  Banxia shook her head and whispered, "I don't know, no more..."

  Wu Mo didn't ask any more questions, and only gave a light "oh".

  For a while, the sound of insects squeaked in the small yard, and the couple were close to each other, but they stopped talking.

  I don't know how long it took, just when Banxia thought that Wumo might have fallen asleep, Wumo's big hand slowly stretched out to Banxia's abdomen, where there was their unborn child.

  Wu Mo looked at the stars in the sky and said slowly, "Banxia, ​​I saw the patriarch and the old mother on the mountain today."

  Banxia said calmly, "Oh, how are they?" She could feel the desolation and emotion in the tone of the man beside her.

  Wu Mo shook his head: "Not much." Wu Mo hesitated and frowned, "I saw them at my mother's grave."

  Banxia held Wumo's hand instead. In fact, since she married Wu Mo, Wu Mo has never mentioned her life experience. It was the first time she heard him mention her mother, and she felt the man's usual calm hand tremble slightly.

  Wu Mo continued slowly: "They found a place to live in front of my mother's grave."

  The patriarch killed his daughter and abandoned his own grandson in a rage for the sake of the clan rules. Now that he is old, do you regret it? So throwing away the fish head crutches, throwing down the bones, letting go of all the authority and glory that belonged to the patriarch, and taking the wife of the elderly girl, ran into the mountains to mourn her daughter?

  Banxia looked up at Wu Mo's profile: "Wu Mo, what are you--what are you thinking?"

  Under the moonlight, Wu Mo's angular profile was motionless, his chin with hard stubble roots was taut, and his deep eyes made it impossible to see any clues.

  He was silent for a long time, and then he said lightly: "I am a child raised by láng." He closed his eyes and added: "I have no relatives."

  Banxia sighed lightly, raised her hand and touched his cheek distressedly, as well as his high nose and deep eyes.

  If she could go back to the past, how much she hoped to give him some comfort when he was young and lonely.

  She hugged him gently, smoothed his hair with her hands, and said softly, "Now you have me and our unborn baby, these are all your relatives."