"Do you have something to say directly to me?" I asked challengingly and took a step towards them.

They sealed their lips shut and just stared in surprise.

"That's what I thought" I smirked and walked off with Abel.

We ascended the stairs and Abel stopped in front of our classroom making me to pause my movements as well .

"You are new here" Abel began "You should try not to make enemies, Rhys. These kids are brutes"

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes and walked into our classroom.

"I'm serious. Those girls can be your nightmare, especially Regina, the last girl that spoke"

I nodded my head and sat down on my seat.

Everyone continued to give me weird looks until the first lesson for the day began.
Why can't human beings mind their own damn business?

When the bell for lunch break finally rang, Justin walked into the class and strolled to my seat.

"What are you doing here?"

"Good Morning to you too" he said cheerfully, "We are having lunch together"

I eyed him suspiciously, "Why?"

"Can't I catch up a little with my baby sister?" he asked back, "You're having lunch with us" he said to Abel.

"If this is about protecting me from those girls, I can take care of myself"

"I don't doubt that" Justin said.

"I'm not even hungry. Just go ahead without me"

Justin and I have been really close since childhood. Even though we've been separated by thousands of miles we were still always in touch. We spent summer breaks together on family vacations and that helped a lot with our friendship.
Sweet old memories.

I understand his concern but I'm not a kid so I don't need babysitting.

"If you say so" he patted my head and hesitantly walked away.

"I'll bring my lunch here and _"

"You don't have to" I cut Abel off.

"Ok" he said and reluctantly left as well.

I picked the novel 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë from my desk to read and while away time.

A slim girl in very short skirt arrogantly walked into my almost empty classroom.
I ignored her assuming it was just one of my classmates who came to pick something.

My book was snapped shot and I was face to face with a very unfamiliar female.

She looked really angry.
If looks could kill, I would be ten feet below the Earth's surface.
I was taken aback, I was more surprised than scared.

Seems like no matter how I try to run away from trouble, it always finds it's way to me.

Story of my life.

"Rhys or whatever you call yourself. I'm going to warn for the first and probably the last time, stay away from my man. While I'm still being nice, stay far away as possible from Blaise" she hissed.

Am I the only one finding this confusing?

I didn't realize she was being nice.

Wow.
If this is her being nice I don't want to know what she's going to look like when she's actually being mean?

I can't believe I made an enemy within 24 hours of attending Graham High.

"Last time I checked, Blaise wasn't yours to begin with" the girl who seats beside me said and stood up.

The mean/nice girl's face twisted into a scowl, "Gold stay out of this"

"No Brenda, you stay out of her lane"

"If you want to have a peaceful stay in GH, sweetheart, listen to my advice" the Brenda girl said in a sickeningly sweet voice.
She smiled at me before walking out of the class.
That smile was nice in a scary way.

"Thanks" I said to Gold.

"You're welcome. By the way, Gold" she offered her hand.

"Rhys" we said in unison, we both laughed a bit before I shook her hand.

She smiled at me one more time before leaving the class.

I returned to my novel barely five minutes later someone walked into the class.
I was not ready to face another troublesome human so I did what anyone else in my shoes would do.

Ignore. Act like I didn't notice their presence.

"I didn't see you in the cafeteria" a familiar male voice said.

Oh boy!

"Or are you avoiding me?"

"Why would you think that?" I lifted my head from my book.

"I figured that" he shrugged.

"Your little girlfriend is going to come for my head if she sees me talking to you"

He rolled his eyes, "Brenda. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend" he clearly stated each word, "I'm all yours baby" he said with a smug smile.

I laughed and shook my head.

He was now standing in front of my desk, "Come with" he offered his hand for me to take.

I looked at his hand hesitantly and his face which I haven't properly looked at.

I observed his features for a few. He was taller than me by a couple of inches. His skin was a shade of golden brown, his eyes were pure black, they seemed to sparkle all the time. He had an overall homely vibe just like Abel. His manly features were a little defined, he was actually kinda hot. By kinda I mean a score of 7/10.

His hair was low on the sides while the rest was longer, permed and styled to perfection.

I wonder how long it takes him to get ready every morning.
I'll save that question for later.

"Ok" I took his hand and he pulled me up on my feet.

"Do you like ice cream?" he asked while leading me downstairs.

"Yes?"

He laughed, "Are you telling me or you are asking me?" he glanced at his watch, "We just have thirty minutes"

"Where are we even going to?" I asked curiously.

"An ice cream parlour outside of school"

"Wait, what? Are we even allowed to leave the school premises?" I panicked.

I can't get into trouble on my second day of school.

I can't believe I'm doing this.
I was cold to him just yesterday, what devil pushed me to even follow him?

He pulled out a few naira notes from his pocket, "I have my ways" he smirked.

He is going to tip the security!!!
All warning bells rang in my head. I'm going to get into trouble for this.

"Don't get me into trouble" I warned.

He glanced at me and smiled, "I promise, I won't"

Hey guys,
I hope you liked this one.

cassyanders2000 I can't thank you enough for your support.
So this chapter is dedicated specially to you.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.