Remember Me How I Was

Fade in to Valhalla, where Simmons Alex and Grif are seen standing at Red base.

Grif: Hey, Simmons, Alex?

Simmons: Yeah?

Alex: What's up man?

Grif: You ever wonder why we're here?

Simmons: You mean metaphysically?

Grif: No. I mean why are we going through all this trouble just to find one guy?

Alex: The director.

OUTPOST 17-B: VALHALLA. PRESENT DAY.

Simmons: I don't know. He's evil... or something?

Grif: Yeah. But so what? I don't have a problem with him.

Alex: He wasn't the best dad but I don't think we need to kill him.

Simmons: Yeah, but he's the one that started all of this. You know. He's the reason we have to deal with the Freelancers, the A.I.s, and the Meta. I mean when you think about it, he's the reason why we're here.

Sarge emerges from inside the base and approaches the three.

Sarge: Yep. He's a real dirtbag all right. But...even if he's six feet under, we'll still be in the same damn spot.

Simmons: Uh...sir?

Sarge: All I'm saying is we made it back to base in one piece, and even found the rest of our team. So do you boys really think running off again will make things any better?

Alex: What will we do then?

Cut to Washington eavesdropping on the Reds from the side of the base as South walks over.

Sarge: 'Cause the way I see it, leaving this place is only going to make things worse.

South: Tell that to Carolina.

Sarge: You've been around her a lot.

South: Haven't had a chose i was doing what I could to keep you idiots alive.

Sarge: Like I said leaving will only make things worse.

Grif: Hmm. I guess you have a point Sarge.

Washington walks away.

Sarge: Shut up, Grif.

Cut to another area of Valhalla, where Carolina is seen walking.

Carolina: Church, can't this wait?

Epsilon appears.

Epsilon: No, it can't. Carolina, the guys are terrified of you.

Carolina: What's your point?

Epsilon: My point is that they think you're a killer psychopath and you can't be trusted! But I know they're wrong. I know why you're doing all this. And I know you're not really crazy!

Carolina: (sarcastically) Gee, thanks Church. You certainly know how to make a girl feel special.

Epsilon: What I don't know is what happened between you and Tex.

Carolina: I don't want to-

Epsilon: You mentioned her name back on the island.

Carolina: What does Tex have to do with anything?