Follow the Leader

U.N.S.C. SCRAP METAL RECYCLING STATION. MANY YEARS AGO...

Pan towards the Insurrection spacecraft. Cut to the interior of the spacecraft where two Insurrectionists are seen firing their weapons.

Insurrectionist #1: Intruder, get him!!

Insurrectionist #2: Open fire!!

A C.T. hologram evaporates.

Insurrectionist Leader: Stand down.

The Insurrectionist Leader walks forward in front of his soldiers. C.T. jumps down from the ceiling behind the two minor Insurrection soldiers and knocks them down, taking one of their weapons. She points an Assault Rifle at the Insurrectionist Leader.

C.T: You didn't wait for me to start? I'm hurt.

C.T. lowers her rifle and tosses it to the Leader. The Leader catches it.

Insurrectionist Leader: I was worried about you. Didn't think you be able to get away.

C.T: You don't know the half of it. They stepped up production. Here.

C.T. hands a datapad to the Leader.

C.T.: The ship was captured by the enemy. I'm surprised there's anything left in the data banks.

Insurrectionist Leader: Ha, not everybody follows protocol you should know that better than anyone.

C.T.: You really think they found another artifact? How could nobody have discovered that when they were processing the wreckage?

Insurrectionist Leader: They didn't know where to look, and they didn't have what you have.

Insurrectionist: Sir, we're in position, awaiting your signal.

U.N.S.C. ARCHIVES - PRESENT DAY

Cut to three soldiers engaging Carolina. Washington runs out of the base and assists her.

Carolina: Wash, take that right side.

Wash shoots and kills one of the soldiers.

Washington: Where's everyone else?!

Carolina: Working on an extraction plan. They should be here right about-

Grif suddenly appears in a Warthog with Alex in the gunner position and runs over the remaining soldiers.

Grif: WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Alex: YAAAAAAA!

Grif stops the Warthog in front of Carolina and Washington. Sarge, Will  and Caboose run out of the base to join them.

Carolina: ...now.

Grif: Sup.

Alex: Hey guys are we on time?

Sarge: Damn you Private Grif! You took out those two soldiers before I could administer my legal brand of red justice. Now where's Simmons?

Grif: I don't know. He found another Warthog and he was right behind me.

Another Warthog, containing Simmons and Tucker, drives out in front of the base, parking next to Grif. Simmons activates the emergency brake after doing so.

Simmons: Present.

Grif: (sarcastically) Wow...nice entrance dude. Very thrilling.