She was confused whether she should consider herself lucky that her husband loyally fucked her or terrified that she was his sole focus. Whatever it was, she was thankful at the moment. His attention meant other men's bow of respect, enough to keep her dignity intact for a while.

Tiptoing through the room she removed her laptop swiftly from its case, slowly to keep his sleep from interrupting. She didn't fail to notice how his trance of sleeping like a guard on duty didn't change. His eyebrows were furrowed as if in confusion, tightly clutching the pillow that she had replaced for her body.

Occupying the corner table of the room she faced the window facing her back to bed, again mesmerized by the position of study table.

How can somone actually work here if that's what the view's about!

That thought immediately evaporated when the ticking of piling work amplified.

After several minutes of gaping wide mouthed she finally opened her laptop, the black screen innocently reflected her face. Suddenly the image of him grouping her breasts while biting the flesh of her neck flashed in her mind. Her eyes instantly closed. She wondered after how long would she be able to see her own face without reliving last night. Taking deep breaths she turned the device on, glad to see the bright screen.

Immediately logging in she saw several emails. Checking them one by one she typed apologies for replying late, promising to catch up with due work in time. For obvious reasons she didn't want to give excuses at her work. For once her life had a reason to exist. Her job was the cause she looked forward to in life, the miniscule contribution to science was worth hanging upon till the end. She was sure if by any chances she was forced to leave the job too, she'd simply give up. There'd be no reason to live. She had even planned techniques of painless death if that cause was to be snatched away from her.

She pushed her unnecessarily dark plans, grateful to have the noble cause of life at her fingertips for now. Swiftly typing her way in, she started with her new article, consciously keeping client's expectations at the back, aligning them with her language. The faster she typed the engrossed she became, losing the track of time and space as she always did in her period of utmost concentration and dedication. It felt like only seconds till an hour passed, still embedded in the world of magical compounds she didn't care to look back to see whether he still slept.

He indeed hadn't. Awoke from the past ten minutes, fooled to think that the woman he held so dearly was in fact a pillow, he watched from the comfort of his bed as she effortlessly typed faster without minding her keyboard a glance. She looked professional, suspiciously faster to think and type so fluently.

He wondered how it'd have been in a world where he wasn't don or forced husband and she was a smart graduate that she is. He was sure she wouldn't give him a single glance. Once again he thanked God for the circumstances, for him being on the top of the food chain and for her to be his. He didn't know exactly when but he had started taking pleasure in calling her his wife, it gave him peace to know that she'd always be bound to him, that it'd be her who would birth his children and that she was the one who he would probably grow old with. Somehow he was anything but uncomfortable with that idea, it had surprised himself. He even wondered if he was falling in love with her but it was a blatant lie. Love was a facade, something that stupid people preferred doing to pass their time and he wasn't about to be one of them.

Trained from his childhood all that he was capable of doing was killing, and manipulating. Other things, he just did for the sake of it. To marry, to fuck, to raise children was just a plan. A plan that wasn't supposed to cross his mind after a limit.

However, Tara seemed like an unfit piece of the puzzle. No matter where he kept her, she always peeked her head out. Like an oddly attractive orchid, she caught his eye. All he had to do was look over her only to be mesmerized simply by her existence. He found it strange.

After staring for so long he realized just how beautiful woman he had scored. She wore his shirt that probably could even be her gown. As his sleeves were too long  she had to fold it several times to be able to make her hands visible. Her visibly smaller hands rested with ease at the end of keyboard, acting as support for her fingers to briskly type around. Strands of baby hair moved around her face with the stream of breeze, not enough to disturb her trance but too much to hide her natural beauty.

He had foolishly not recognized just how much woman's intellect attracted him. But it pleased him more to be her lord, the one who could nurture her intelligence or break it in a clap. There was no other satisfaction such as having  power over the powerful.

He smirked in her direction. Appreciating his wife that believed she had a pinch of control over her life.

As if out of the trance she sensed the lingering stare on her. When she turned her sight to the bed, she found his eyes already pinning her.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: I calculated the time I spend writing every chapter. It's 5 hours... per chapter...yeah...yeah...I know. This crazy.