"Tom looks like Sam," Kay whispered.

The two of them turned to her. She leaned against the back wall and took a huge breath.

"Who's Sam?" Jimmy asked.

"My other brother," Kyle answered, his eyes still on Kay. "Are you sure?"

She nodded and pushed herself back to her feet. "You'll see him and tell for yourself. You--" Her eyes turned to him, the fear and guilt in them breaking his heart.

And something became clear in that moment. Maybe him and Jessie weren't the only ones lying.

"Are the two of you even--"

"No," she said at once. "It was just for show. Just because..." Her gaze drifted to Jessie. "You know. Because we thought you'd screwed us over. And that Jessie was cheating on you."

"I wasn't cheating on anybody," Jessie interjected. "Which I think it's pretty obvious by now. How do you two even know each other?"

"We went on a date," Jimmy said with a shrug. "In which we mostly talked about you." He nodded towards Kyle.

Seeing Jimmy was so weird. Kyle had never thought Jerry could look cool and collected. Apparently, he'd been wrong. It was also very unsettling not to feel like punching him in the face anymore.

"We're really sorry," Kay whispered the moment the elevator stopped.

Jessie stepped out and made sure the coast was clear before signaling for them to follow her. In a matter of seconds there were all inside the hotel room. Jimmy leaned against the door and crossed his arms over his chest as if to make sure no one would come in and disturb them. Jessie glanced at him for a few moments, then curled back into her armchair. Only Kyle and Kay remained standing in the middle of the room.

"Let's hear it," Jimmy said. "Why are you pretending to be engaged?"

"Well, actually... Everyone sort of thinks we are," Jessie started. "But we were nerver. We--" She rubbed her hand over her chin ad if trying to determine how go best explain this.

"Look, I know it's a gamble, but we can trust them," Kyle said. "I mean I trust Kay with my life. If you trust Jimmy as well, then we can tell them the truth."

The words were barely out when Kay charged at him and wrapped her arms around him. An electric current went down his spine and seemed to light up his entire body. Without even having to think it, he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her against him.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered into his chest. "I just thought you'd gotten over me and it hurt so much that I just needed to... Hurt you back, I guess."

He lifted her chin, the turmoil inside him dimming. Seeing her like this made everything perfect, no matter the weirdness they were facing.

"Play for keeps, remember?" he asked with a smile.

When she raised her face to look at him, he just knew. That through all the pain and the time spent apart, his feelings for her hadn't dimmed at all. He loved her, now maybe more than ever, and he'd missed her so much. So he leaned over and traced his lips over hers.

She shuddered at the touch and tightened her hold on him. It felt amazing to taste her lips again, to feel her body molding into his. He kissed her carefully, wanting to get reacquainted with the shape of her lips, the warmth and softness of them... She let out a low moan and it was the end of him. He deepened the kiss and held her against him, and it was like they were back at prom, kissing for the first time under the starry skye.

Honey filled his veins and he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so at peace, so happy. He had her back, and nothing could tear them apart ever again. When they broke apart, he felt like he couldn't breathe.