"Wow." Stiles gasps before Coach grabs his ear tightly, dragging him outside with Isabel and Lydia quickly following.

"Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief Night is one thing - doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane!" He finally releases his grip on Stiles' ear, the boy quickly rubbing at it to ease the pain. "If I was four years younger...I'd punch you!"

Stiles freezes in shock before frowning, "What? Coach, that doesn't make any sense..."

"Oh, well it does to me!" Coach huffs, before leaving.

Lydia looks around worriedly for the wolves, while Isabel reaches out for Stiles' hand with a reassuring smile.

Stiles takes it instantly, catching sight of Scott and pointing them out. "There-" The three rush over to them.

"We didn't find anything." Aiden tells them.

"Not even a scent." Scott sighs.

"It's three o'clock, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?" Stiles frowns.

"Does that mean everybody's safe?" Aiden asks.

"I don't know..." Lydia says, everyone's eyes on her. "I just... I don't know."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

After dropping a disappointed Lydia home, Stiles drives Isabel back to his house where she watches him create his own investigation board. She gives a smile as she watches him pin all the evidence to the board and tie red string around the pins, creating a connection.

"What do the different colored strings mean?" She asks, laying down on his messy bed. Isabel absentmindedly begins to neaten up the bed.

"Oh, just different stages of the investigation." Stiles answers, "So, green is "solved," yellow is "to be determined," blue's just pretty..." Stiles explains, turning his head to see the red-head tidying. He lets out a quiet breathy laugh. "Sorry about the mess." He apologises.

Isabel's head snaps up as she realises what she was doing. "Oh god. I'm so sorry, that was rude of me." She cringes, her cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. "I'm not trying to say your room is a mess or anything..." She rambles.

Stiles grins, moving away from his impromptu investigation board and over to where Isabel sat. He rubs the back of his neck as he takes in his surroundings. His room was an absolute mess.

Isabel's eyes follow Stiles' and stifles her laugh. How had the two not noticed what state Stiles' room was in?

"It's not that bad, right?" Stiles jokes, holding his hand out to the girl sat on his bed.

She grins as she takes it, Stiles pulling her upwards onto her feet. He brazenly slips his arms around her hips with a cheeky smile. Isabel's heart races in her chest as he pulls her body closer.

She finds the courage to look up and meet his eyes but her heart can't help but sting. What were they?

"Are we yellow?" She finds the words leaving her lips without realising.

Stiles swallows hard at her words, his mind echoes all the times Scott told him to just go for it. His chest tightens at the thought of being rejected. He shakes out of his brain fog and for the first time in a while he can think clearly.

"Well, out of everything in this world the one thing I'm sure on is that I love you." Stiles breathes out, gripping at Isabel's waist tightly. Her mouth drops slightly at the unexpected response.