Decade old friend (Polly-Ro)

Hi km__22 here is your request of PollyRo....i tried writing something but it turned out like this and also sorry i took more time than intended also Polly's bday ended already🥺.

Hope you like it.

______

Jassi was pacing in the MI team room totally lost in his thoughts, that's how Polly had found him.

Even after calling his name for a few times when he didn't stop pacing or he answered Pollard's call, Pollard just came and stood in front of him to stop him by grabbing his shoulders.

And asked " Boom , i was calling you since I entered this room , where are you lost man "

" No....no...where Polly, you came alone here where is Ro Bhaiya ? You both were in a meeting with Coach and management na " said Jassi.

As if realising something Polly asked Jassi to sit and he himself sat besides him and said " Look Jass , i don't know why exactly you are worried but if it is related to Rohit and decision he was thinking then you can relax i had nice talk with him added some sense to that overthinking brain of his and even gave him some reality check so he may need some time to ponder those things so let's be patient ha "

Jass just stared at him " like how Polly knew about this " to which Polly added " Boom...i have known Ro for over a decade now....yeah i might not know him like Virat or MS but don't offended me with that look like i won't know him at all."

" No...no Polly i didn't mean to offend you ...it...it's just that not many people know or understand what goes through bhaiya's mind without him saying and now that you mentioned decade of knowing each other...that's when it clicked me that you have known Bhaiya almost all throughout his career but obviously not better than Virat bhai." Jassi said, smiling at the end.

" True there mate....no one can deny Virat's place in Ro's life , but even i have seen Ro grow from young adult to mature legend and after he joined MI champ i got to know him a Little more. But throughout our journey till now only one thing i don't see in Ro now is his wild celebration after wicket..yess he celebrates its now too but now he is like more calm and composed but back then he use to have wild celebration like jumping on his buddies hugging them ...that the only old thing i Miss about that young Ro....remember the Photo Harry wanted us to recreate that Ro's Jump on me hug celebration (reference from my OS of happy birthday Ro )...over the course of time as he matured that old Ro just disappeared somewhere and this calm and composed Ro took over but he can be reckless sometimes just like now i don't know who feed me that sh*t that we are losing because of his captaincy but don't you worry... i won't let our captain step down---" he was saying more when he saw Ro coming towards them so he just patted Jassi shoulder and through eyes he pointed towards the door.

When Jassi saw Rohit coming he just went and hugged him tightly and asked in low voice" you won't do or think about stepping down right "

Rohit looked towards Pollard and he gave him ' see i told you look' and Rohit just nodded his head and patting Jassi's back as he was still hugging him and he said " i promise kiddo i won't think about it or i won't do anything like that...i shouldn't be doubting myself or my team on basis of one bad season...what if we didn't qualify this time...we will comeback stronger and more powerful next year."

" Exactly Ro , we will come back stronger next year and for now we don't have anything to lose so let's just fight back and enjoy our game" said Surya coming there with Ishan.

Ro looked at him and he again saw Polly like he had planned this but he just shrugged and slowly whispered to him " see Ro i told you na...this people trust and believe you more than you do in yourself...so stop thinking negative about your captaincy or performance and believe in your kiddos faith and fight for them."
Finally Ro gave him a grateful smile and said " what I would do without you man"