Chapter 10

Shira didn't remember what happened. She was all alone in a dark world around her. Oh. that's right... The drained blood. She must have been exsanguinated after she injected herself with the shot. She's now forgotten in this black void. She didn't even move or speak, instead, she was all alone in the world. Her sisters weren't there. Neither is Tomoka, Manako or Reika. The entire thing to do is end up dead. There's nothing to help her now. She failed. She could have welcomed death and misery.

Then something spoke. "Shira?"

Shira slowly looked around but she couldn't speak. She struggled to move but she could not.

Looking over, she thought she saw a figure looking back at her. "Shria, you shouldn't be here."

Shira looked closer, even though she could not hear or feel. Her heart is cold and she is scared to die. It was her father, her own father that died on the car crash. He was facing her and called out to his daughter.

"It must have been hard for you after we were gone. You didn't do anything wrong," her father told her. "It was Sacks. I saw that he was trying to take over New York by poisoning the city and he wanted you and your sisters for your blood because of your magical powers. We had to get you away from them but they crashed us into a warehouse, setting everything fire. We had risked your life to save you. I am so sorry that your mother and I left you for so long."

Shira shook her head, refusing to believe it, sadness formed in her face as she struggled to move.

"It's been hard," he said. "But you made us proud. I want you to have this." He pulled a small soul that is white, the purest of them all. "You might be able to wake up if you take it."

Shira thought about this. If she didn't use her heart to save her friends, she would remain dead from her real world, including the sisters accepting their fate into death. And the city will be covered in disease so everyone will die, including everyone she loves and everything will be a quarantine zone. Or take the heart to become a mutant to serve the clan, step out of the darkness and will be alive along with her sisters and also saving the city from the plague. But she won't be a human being anymore for so long, she will be a mutant. But who knows what she would look like.

If that's what they meant, it would be. She will save the City and have to hide in the human world. She decided to serve the clan. She gently reached out her hands and picked up the small white soul. It layed nested in her palms. Imagine that glow. It's like a firefly only closer.

"So you made up your mind," Her father smiled. He slowly began to give her a hug and smiled. "We love you, Shira." And with that, he faded away, leaving Shira alone.

Then a small light glowed from the darkness, catching her attention. It was waiting for her. Shira started running toward the light trying to fight her way back out of the dark. She stopped there for a moment.

There, in front of her, was the reflection. It took the shape of a turtle but with huge fins and spikes on her body. It kinda looks like a sea turtle. Her features are not seen but her white eyes glow in the darkness. On the chest was a glowing heart of her own. No one can choose who they are in this world, the voice said. Shira understanded. She slowly took the soul into her body and the entire world started to glow.

When Shira woke up, she was still in the lab. Her ears were ringing, head was spinning, and eyes were flickering. What has happened? She wondered. She didn't remember what happened the time she saved the turtles. The lid of her eye kept closing and opening for a moment. She was so weak that she couldn't get up. Her vision was coming clear and she started hearing Leo's voice talking so fast.