21: BOTH RECKLESS

Start from the beginning

Growing hot and feverish, she licked her lower lip anxiously. Why is she always damn horny? Her period is supposed to be here or around the corner, many more signs should present themselves like acne. Her heartbeat started pounding so hard in her ears that she couldn't hear anything, not even as his lips moved. He was saying something not quiet corrigible.

In the next second, her nightshirt was dropped to the floor and in ground eating strides, he reached the vanity chair and seized her in his arms. Both of them forgot about the illness of her leg as he forced her to stand on her feet which she did while hopping on one. Their lips found one another's, a full blown make out session started taking place with force that is brutal and knee-weakling. Her hands tightened around his neck while his grip grew intense and possessive around her waist.

He cradled her head in both his hands, the gesture soft yet facile and pliable. He yawed his palms to the back and massage her face while drawing it downwards, appreciating the smoothness of her face with a grunt of satisfaction. Not at all pleased with the way their kiss is moving at a brutal force, he leaned in and tilted both their heads, pushed his lips against hers in a soft stroke, testing and brushing through connection. He deepened the kiss some more, not giving her chance to take any breath not that she attempted to pull away too.

His lips trace down her ivory silky neck, kissing down to her cleavage with her head tilted just before she forced his head by cradling it in her good hand back to her lips to continue the bruising kiss. She decided to take a bold move, the tightness within her making her thoughts hazy and focused on only one thing. She anchored her hand in his khaki's waistline, a little beneath the fabric earning a shocked gasp from him but he didn't stop her. Leaving that, she reached for his damp shirt and raise it to his chest, her fine touching his toned bronze stomach.

His breathing grew faster and more audible, mouth gaped as he gasped and pants like a woman in heat.

Taking her in his arms, he deposited her on the bed and climb right on top of her. Her towel is already slackened, sheathing only the dots on her chest, she's forgotten about it. Her skin tightens and hardens, she drew him to herself again —as she lost control and muscles shuddered— his polo shirt having disappeared in a way they both don't know how. Breathing hard and fast, they continue to act like rabbits on heat on the bed, hands exploring, squeezing and stroking one another.

At the same time the two of them pull away from each other as if something broke just at that moment but then Zayd playfully dragged her kissed-bruised lower lip, release it after a gentle nip and stare down at her, elbows on each side of her.

He is saying something but she just stared at him as if mesmerized, her breath coming in fits and starts. Her grip began to tighten and ease on his arms like a cat kneading her paws. Lowering his head, he touched his lips to her temple, where a faint whisk of blue veins was visible. He could sense her bewilderment, the force of her unwilling attraction to him. Her heart palpitated and fluctuate beneath her chest, she feared it might burst.

She was filled with recklessness. But in all honesty, they are both filled with that same recklessness.

What if she let him make love to her again? She owed nothing to anyone except herself. Surely by now she had earned the right to make her own choices, especially this one. She had always masqueraded in some role or another, as Layla Abd Al-Tunaij here in Nigeria, as Mira in more than a few countries, as a hundred different characters created for her safety. But in this moment those identities had been stripped away, and she stood before him without pretense. Just that she is not clean with lies marring her from head to toe.

There is no guilt though.

"I never give in to temptation." She said, her trembling one hand coming to the sides of his lean face. "It's something I can't afford. Work, discipline, self-reliance. . . those are the only things I can rely on. I don't want to fall in love. I don't want to belong to anyone. But at the same time..." She trailed off with a tilt of her head to the side as she examined him.