Epilogue

Time seems to slow down. Tension stirs in the air like a violent storm. Everyone stands frozen in place as the airships fly closer and closer. The ground under us begins to stir violently as the Jaw Titan makes a move towards Eren. He uses his massive claws to swipe at him, forcing Eren to harden his titan body with crystal. Before he can retaliate, the Jaw Titan uses its agility and jumps away into the city.

Everything suddenly goes silent as the airships make their way over the walls. Through the overwhelming feeling of anticipation and anxiety, I take a step forward but Yelena stops me from going any further. "No, My Lady! We need to get you to safety!"

I try to shake her hand off my arm. "But I have to assist Eren! He can't take it all on his own!"

Yelena steps in front of me, blocking me from going any further. "No! This isn't good for Eren either!" She directs her attention towards him. "Eren!" She calls out. "Can you hear me!?"

Through the heavy steam that emits from his body, a massive emerald eye glances down at us from above.

"Abandon your titan body immediately! We need to get you inside! Then you and _____ can escape underground with the War Hammer's power! You'll be at a disadvantage if you fight here!"

Eren's titan shifts its head, directing it towards the airship. Something else has his attention, enough to completely disregard Yelena's words. He steps forward, his massive feet causing all of us to flinch as it stirs up heavy dust in our faces. He pushes forward into a sprint and jumps off of the balcony. We run to the edge, looking down at him. He slowly walks towards all of the men flying down on their parachutes, prepared to take them on by himself.

My heart nearly stops as one particular man flying down catches my attention. "Reiner..." I whisper. "Eren, don't!" I cry out to him but my words are ignored. "EREN!" I inhale, looking back up at Reiner who draws closer to the ground. I deep frown distorts my eyebrows, unwanted memories flooding back to me as we make eye contact.

Lightning strikes the ground, another heavy wave of dust and debris filling the air. The Armoured Titan appears within the chaos, ready to face off with Eren.

"Mobilise all units!" Yelena orders. She throws her arm backward, issuing all soldiers to act immediately. "Hurry! Protect Eren!" At her command, the Jaegerists and her Volunteers react immediately, rushing back inside to gear up. "Eren, why?" Yelena mumbles to herself. Her bangs fall heavily over her brows that furrow deeply, completely distorting the upper side of her face.

"What are we supposed to do then if you won't let me fight?" I ask her.

Despite her troubled state, she looks down at me to answer. "Let our people and the Jaegerists handle this. Eren's orders are to keep you out of any confrontations at all costs."

I fall silent and look back down at him. He's still following through with this plan of his. It leaves me trembling as I watch the two 15 meter titans face off. The cold morning disperses, the heavy layers of steam creating a thick, hot draft that burns our skin. The buildings within the city begin to shatter to pieces as Eren throws Reiner into a clocktower. The shockwave hits us immediately, forcing us to raise our arms to cover our faces and place our feet heavier into the ground so we don't fall.

Reiner quickly recovers, throwing Eren off of him. Eren hardens his fists as he deflects the heavy punches that Reiner throws at him. He quickly regains his ground and violently throws a crystalised fist into Reiner's jaw, shattering it. Reiner does not falter as he tackles Eren into another building, sending another harsh shockwave against our bodies.

Heavy layers of dust and steam surround the area, giving us no indication of Eren's status. But suddenly, his titan slowly rises, relieving the anxiety that was creeping over our minds.