Prologue 13: Rash Tactics!

Start from the beginning

An impish grin crept over Grim's lips. "Now's my chance!" he said as he quickly made a dash past the six teens, dodging the four disguised girls' attempts to grab him. "Hey! Grim, stop!" Jazmin yelled as Grim slipped past her fingers.

Ace and Deuce both paused when they saw that Grim has made his escape. "Ah, wait!" Ace yelled as he and the others immediately turned around and gave chase. And so, the six teens were running around the courtyard, trying their best to rush in, corner and grab Grim themselves, but he was too quick and agile for them.

He zipped all around the school grounds, running as fast as his four little legs could carry him, all the while dodging their hands and magic spells. But the six students wouldn't let Grim go that easily and they chased him all around the school.

Ace and Deuce waved their magic pens and fired off their magic spells at the cat gremlin while the four girls tried to rush in and grab him themselves, but he was too agile for them. Some passing students quickly steered out of their way.

"You haven't forgotten your promise to clean 100 windows all by yourself if we catch you, right?" Ace yelled as he, Deuce and the four girls chased Grim down the interior hallway. "I didn't say anything like that, yanno?!" Grim yelled as he kept on running.

Ace then pointed his pen at Grim. "Alright, time your magic hit with me, Deuce!" he said. But Deuce waved his magic pen at Grim on impulse. A ball of magic sparkles flew out from the gem and shot towards Grim.

The magic spell landed inches away from Grim's butt, missing him completely. "Eh?!" Deuce exclaimed, feeling dismayed. "Wha, that's too early!" Ace yelled in frustration, turning to glare at Deuce. Grim giggled. "Lucky! I gotta escape while I can, yanno!" he said as he continued running down the corridor.

"Get your tail back here, tuna breath! You're so gonna regret this!" Kira yelled and she and the other girls gave chase. Ace and Deuce both groaned at their failure to catch Grim and the six teens all chased Grim all the way to the cafeteria.

 Ace and Deuce both groaned at their failure to catch Grim and the six teens all chased Grim all the way to the cafeteria

"Crap! He's darting around everywhere!" Ace growled as their efforts to catch Grim became futile. Eventually, the six students ran into the cafeteria, but now, they saw that Grim had somehow managed to climb onto the fancy chandelier hanging from the ceiling above them and rested himself on it.

Both Ace and Kira were absolutely miffed when they saw Grim looking down on them with that infuriatingly stupid, smug little grin on his face. He knew how this was making them feel and just had the nerve to insult them. 

"Heheheh! Catch me if you can, suckers!" Grim taunted while shaking his tail. "Grim! You'd better get down here, right now!" Kira shouted in a manner akin to a mother scolding her child. But Grim just smiled smugly at her. "Make me!" he called before he made an ugly face and blew a raspberry at them.