Prologue 10: Cheeky Mates!

Start from the beginning

"Pfftkuku...Gunnnnnuuhuhuhu~!" Grim growled. "Th-There..." Alice started to say. Ace then sighed as he had his fill of teasing. "I thought I'd just mess with you a bit, but you really blew my expectations away. Unlike you five, I actually have classes to attend." he said with a self-centered smirk.

"Keep this school squeaky clean, janitors~♪" He then turned around and began to walk away. His ears then caught the sound of someone weeping. As he turned back, Ace noticed the tears falling from Alice's eyes as she sobbed quietly.

Seeing her cry like that, it made Ace feel kind of awful about what he said, almost made him want to apologize. Aria patted Alice's back, trying to comfort her. Finally, Kira couldn't stand it anymore and she stomped her feet towards Ace, making him freeze.

"You...!" Kira snarled as she raised her hand above her head. All of a sudden, there was a resounding slap that reverberated through the air... and Ace stood still in his spot, stunned as his head had jerked to the side, revealing a stinging red palm-shaped mark on the left side of his face.

Grim and the other girls' eyes were wide with utter disbelief as they saw Kira standing in front of the boy, her right arm extended and her palm open as she indignantly glared at him, her tears brimming in her carnelian red eyes. Ace stared at her; his cherry-red eyes wide with shock as he touched his cheek.

"You think we even wanted to be here in the first place?! If we could all go home, then we would!" Kira shouted, making him flinch

"You think we even wanted to be here in the first place?! If we could all go home, then we would!" Kira shouted, making him flinch. "But right now, we can't! Do you have any idea what all of us went through?! You can't even understand how terrified we are right now!"

Startled by her roar, Ace stumbled and fell flat on his butt. He just stared up at Kira in disbelief, not saying a word. Kira glared at Ace before she sighed and furiously wiped the tears from her eyes. "But who cares anyway? Just go! Go to your class and leave us alone." she snarled softly.

Ace blinked at her, still a bit stunned by how hard she slapped him. He didn't mean to take his joke that far. Looks like he really struck a nerve this time.... He then stood back up and scowled at Kira. "Fine." he quietly said before he turned to leave. "See ya."

Kira stuck her tongue out at him before she turned around and walked away. The other girls all turned and left, trying to forget the whole scenario and get their job done and over with. Grim, however, refused to let this end peacefully.

Nobody insults him and gets away with it! "This jerk! He's just gonna say that and leave! I'm ticked off now!" Grim shouted as he squirmed in Alice's arms. "Grim, please. Let's just go." Alice said, struggling to keep the cat creature in control. But Grim managed to wrestle himself out of her arms and went charging towards Ace.

 But Grim managed to wrestle himself out of her arms and went charging towards Ace