Cᴏɴɪғᴇʀᴏᴜs Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

Start from the beginning

Natural. Remember the breath. Remember the old times.

Mharii's lips parted, her eyes drawing closed. One breath. Her ears tuned to the sound. One inhale. One exhale. Remember. The wispy rush of sound heightened in her senses. She held her mind suspended in dimensions of thought and connotation, her body finding the rhythm within itself to rise and fall. To cycle the incense caressing her numbed lungs; to mist out the terrible nothing that no longer has the power to ground her in lies.

In, and out.

Her arms scarcely wavered. Spread out against gravity's resistance.

She didn't have to see it.

She didn't have to feel it.

A soft, puff of air soothed her ears. In, and out.

Through magic. Simply known through magic.

Light flickered through her eyelids. And through the blindness, she knew warmth directed itself at her.

"I beseech clarity," she started, her voice crystalline as if quenched by an eternal fountain. "Through the elements in which I cannot know; through the tree's wisdom they have seen through many a season."

The young, dark witch raised both arms gradually. Her wand 90°, then 270°, and finally, a complete union of entwined hands above her head, the wand gripping toward the ceiling.

Her bosom puffed in and out; her shoulders powerful.

"Let me immerse into the darkness once again. Guide my hands of what I may do with it."

Radiant, white light wisped about the ceiling. Curving into a spiral feet above her wand's tip. Circling, it pooled like little veins into a central stream, descending its way down to the source of its magic.

Her lips twitched. She knew the beam's familiarity; even if not its overhead string of light could brush her closed eyelids.

The stream funneled into her wand; an eternal pacing of gathering light overhead.

In. And out. She recalled her breath---his breath.

In the very beginning of lessons, they once sat across from one another. Listening to the breaths from the other. For hours. A discipline, her professor had said. And once he made a suggestion . . . a suggestion to breathe into each other.

Harmonizing. Like how choirs on either altar sing to blend into one another. A chord playing into another one.

For union can unleash magic untold.

It was only in recent times, did she realize another hidden woe lie beneath Snape's command.

Breathe into each other.

"I beseech," she started, her lips remaining parted. "I beseech.

"I beseech,
I beseech, I beseech . . ." she internalized the chant, but it remained ever strong.

And the bowl rose, its shadow shrinking on the stone floor. Nudging her bottom lip.

"I beseech . . ."

The radiant light continued its steady flow into her Black Walnut wand, as if running through every wooden fiber. Her voice seemed to change over the minutes . . . as if in a hollow chamber. An echo tinged her chords, ethereal and pristine in its desire.

She breathed in the continuous rhythm, following the sounds as her guide. In and out. In and out. Replaying his voice calmed her motions; gave life to the experience she relished in indulging in---and this was only the simple.