Chapter Nineteen

Começar do início

“I’ll go put them in water. You two have fun.” She smiled at me as Taylor wrapped his arms around his wife. “I’ll text you if he needs anything.”

“Take care of him.” I said as we walked out.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he opened the car door for me.

“Thank you.” I putted on my seatbelt. “Matty’s sick. I put him in bed before you came.” I looked over at him as he got into the truck.

“Do you want to stay here?” I can see he doesn’t want to stay here tonight, but I know he would if I said yes. He’s just that amazing of a guy.

“No, it’s okay. He’ll be sleeping for a while anyway.” I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Thank you, though.”  He took my hand as he pulled out of the driveway.

“I don’t know if I told you this but, you look amazing tonight.” He said as he ran his fingers over the fabric of my dress. “So amazing.” I linked my fingers through his. I lifted his hand up to kiss it and giggle as I got lip gloss on it.

“You don’t look half bad yourself.” I smiled at him watching as we got to the gate.

“Hey Andrews, where are you going looking that shabby?” A marine smiled as he walked up to the window. I looked over at him as he raised his eyebrows at me. “Why, hello there.” Finn shook his head.

“Ana, this is Gabe. He’s in my platoon.” I waved at him. “Waven, this is Ana. My girlfriend.” Gabe started to smile bigger.

“Little Finny got himself a girlfriend?” Finn shook his head as he rolled his eyes. “Wait till I tell the guys about this. They all thought you were gay.”

“We have to get going or we are going to miss our reservations.” Gabe nodded.

“We have to all get back together soon. Alright, Brother?” He nodded to him giving him a hand shake. “Nice to meet you, Ana.” He smiled as he stepped back.

“Nice to meet you, too!” I called as we pulled out of the base. “He’s nice.” I smiled at Finn. He nodded.

“He’s a great Marine as well. He’s my brother, just like all the guys in my platoon.” I rubbed his knuckles.

“You’re all brothers, not friends.” I nodded to him.

“I trust them with my life.” We sat in silence till we got to a restaurant I told Finn I wanted to go to when we were food shopping. It was a new place that got amazing reviews. I smiled as I looked at it through the window.

“Oh, Finnley.” I gasped. This place is expensive and it’s almost impossible to get a reservation on short notice, or even at all.

“Do you like it? We can go somewhere else if you want.” He said with a frown. I shook my head.

“I love it. Oh, it’s perfect. Come on.” He smiled at me as I got out of the car almost bouncing on my feet. “I’m excited. Come on!” I giggled and walked ahead of him, not able to run in my 6 inch heels.

“Calm down, I’m coming.” I smiled at him as he wrapped his arm around my waist. We walked into the restaurant to find it packed. We walked up to the hostess.

“Table for two under Andrews.” I looked over at him as he rubbed my back.

“Right this way.” She smiled at us. I walked over excited as we got to a cute table for two. Finn pulled the chair for me as I sat down.

“This is perfect, Finn. Thank you.” I smiled at him as he sat down.

“I wanted it to be perfect, you deserve it.” I blushed as I fiddled with my silverware nervously.

***

Dinner was perfect. Finn had me laughing and blushing the entire time. He really is an amazing guy. We walked out of the restaurant as we laughed at another one of his jokes. “Thank you for tonight, Finn. It was perfect.” He kissed my head.

“We’ll have to do this again. I had a great time.” I got into the truck. I smiled at him as he fussed with the little hair he had on his head.

“You’re a bum.” I giggled at him. He winked as he started to drive back to base.

“I’m your bum, though.” I shook my head at him.

“You’re a cheese ball, Finny.” He moved his hand so he could rub my leg. I watched as it went up my leg, my breathing become labored as he go to the inside of my upper thigh. “Finn.” I whispered swallowing nervously. He rubbed circles with his thumb on the inside of my thigh. We pulled up to the house to see all the lights off.

“Mom must have gone to sleep.” He turned the car off. I got out of the car and walked around to the stairs to get into the house.

“I’m going to go check on Matty, see how he’s feeling.” I kissed Finn’s cheeks. “Thank you for tonight.” I smiled and walked into the house and up the stairs to get to the bedrooms. Matty’s door was open with the lights off; the only light was the TV flickering on and off. I looked into the room to see him curled up under the blankets watching TV. “What are you doing up, Buddy?” I smiled at him as I sat on the bed. He looked up at me tired and sickly looking.

“I can’t sleep.” He sighed hugging whatever was in his arms. I gently moved the blankets to see the rugged looking alligator he was laying his head on.

“Where did you get this?” I smiled at him as he let me take it out of his arms.  I heard footsteps as Finn walked into room.

“It’s my Gator.” He smiled and sat next to me. “My Mom got it for me when I was younger than Matty. He scared all the bad dreams away.” I stroked Matty’s hair as Finn gave back the old stuffed animal. He snuggled his head back into the stuffed alligator his eyes drooping.

“My poor baby.” I sighed and pulled the blankets up for him.

“Sing, Sissy.” He mumbled to me opening his eyes. He wants a lullaby. I tucked him in so he could be comfortable.

“Rock-a-bye baby, in the tree top. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And down will come baby, cradle and all.” I kissed his head as his eyes closed. He finally gave in to the burden of sleep. “Goodnight, Baby.” I got off the bed as Finn stared at me. I nodded to the door as I turned the TV off. I walked out as Finn watched my every move. “What?” I asked closing the door. He shook his head and pulled me to him and shoving my back against the opposite wall and pressed his lips to mine.

“You are one amazing sister.” He whispered against my skin as he moved to my jaw kissing a trail of heat along the way.

“Is it time?” I gasped as I took the back of his shirt in my hands, gripping the fabric.

“It’s time.” He smiled pulling me in another mind-numbing kiss.