Chapter Two

“Oh, hey Danny.” I smiled nervously pulling my tank top down. He stared at me in disbelief. “What do you need help with?”

“You have tattoos?” He blinked at me as I bit my lip looking down. “How many?” He asked as I sighed. He turned my desk chair around and sat down looking at me.

“Do stars count as one all together or one for each?” He raised his eye brow folding his arms. “Cause then….7.” His head jerked back in shock.

“How did you get seven tattoos at 17? You can barely get them legally.” I shrugged.

“Every one of my mother’s husbands easily signed my release form. They never really cared and it made me shut up for a week.” He shook his head leaning his arms on the back of my chair.” I knotted my fingers together. “They gave me comfort.” Danny watched me as I squirmed uncomfortably.

“You never had it easy did you?” I shook my head.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked quietly. He sucked in a lung full of air before letting it out.

“I have nothing to be mad at.” He shrugged. “I was just surprised. Hell I could say I hated them but then I’d be a hypocrite.” He smiled at me. “Does your mother know about them?” I shook my head.

“I thought when I got my first she would but she never cared to notice.” I shrugged. “I’m guessing no, but hell my mom wouldn't care.” He cocked his head to the side.

“Alright.” He clapped his hands making me jump. “Whatcha got?” I putted my shirt up to show him the two antique colts on my hips.

“I got these on my 16th birthday.” I turned around to show him the sets of 7 stars that went up my back on each left and right of my hips. “I got these a couple months later.” He gave me an impressed look.

“Nice.” I smiled pulling my shirt up to my bra line.

“My favorite.” It is a baby Simba from The Lion King with the phase ‘Remember who you are’ written under it on my ribs. “And this one.” I turned to show him my opposite side of my ribs. On it is a jellyfish with ‘just keep swimming’ tangled in its stinger. “And lastly.” I turned around to show him the dream catcher on my back by my neck. “The jellyfish is the new one.” I picked up lotion and rubbed it on the still tender skin.

“How new?” He asked narrowing his eyes.

“Uh, like a week before the wedding?” He shook his head at me. “I just thought it was right.” I sighed moving to kick one of my boxes next to my bed.

“Alright, but you have to promise me something.” I nodded looking at him. “You won’t get another one without tell me, even if you’re over 18?” I nodded putting my hand out to shake his.

“Deal.” He patted the back of my chair handing up.

“Hey, you never know, I might just get some with you.” He winked at me. “I got to go give stinker a bath. The pizza’s in the fridge if you get hungry. The cable guy set up the cable so your TV is working.” He pointed to the TV sitting on my dresser. “Call if you need anything.” He smiled walking out closing the door behind him. I rubbed my face running a hand through my hair before picking up a book to unpack it. My phone started to ring next to me. “Hey.” I said answering the phone.

“Why weren’t you answering me?” Z’s voice came in through my phone. I could feel his glare from where he was all the way in Tennessee.

“Z, I’ve been busy. I just moved into the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I’m settling in.” I rolled my eyes as I listen to him giving me a frustrated grunt.