Chapter 16 - A first for everything

It's the middle of November, close to thanksgiving now

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It's the middle of November, close to thanksgiving now. I've been going to therapy more than before. Ever since the situation that Asher and Parks found me in, Kingston thought it best to make more appointments often so that I always have someone rather than family to talk to. I had an appointment the next day after I tried to cut......

Kingston brought me to see Dr. Carter again. Before going in the office, Kingston talked to him first. Probably to give an update on what has happened.

The door opened showing a smiling doctor and a grim smile on my brother. Kingston gave me a kiss before going back out to sit in the waiting room. I walk to the twirly chair, the fun one. Dr. Carter goes to sit on the couch.

"Ms. Baylor, can you tell me what has happened recently?" Okay, we are going to get right to it then.

"Bullies. School." He only needs a couple of words to get the picture.

"Yeah? I heard they beat you. How are doing with that? I need a little insight today what you're thinking."

I gave him silence, but he waited till I was ready to answer. "Mind hurt."

"Were your thoughts too much? Is that why you tried to cut?" 

Another silence. "Memories."

He gave a nod, putting together the small pieces I gave him.

"Did that beating bring up memories? Memories of the past before the boys or with them?"

That made me perk up more. "No the boys didn't do it. Frank did. Don't take me away from the boys, I promise they didn't do anything like that, I pro-"

He puts his hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay, I believe you, Baylor. I was just making sure. Sometimes doctors have to do that. You will stay with your brothers, I will not take you away from them." He tries to reassure me as he sees I'm getting a bit worked up.

"No. No. No!"

He comes in front of me, squatting down. "Baylor, everything's okay. What can I do to help you? What helps calm you?"

"Brother."

"You want Kingston?" I nod. He nods back, "Okay, I'll go get him. It's okay."

Two minutes later, Big Brother walked in, "Hey Bubs, what's up? What's bothering you?"

I latch onto his side, "Don't leave."

He picks me up, "I'm not leaving. I'm right here." He sits down on the couch, pulling me to sit on his lap.

He slides his hand up and down my back, calming me.

Dr. Carter looks at me, "Baylor, does your brother make you feel safe?"

I nod. He writes something down on a piece of paper.