Chapter 11 - Time for a talk

I'm fiddling with BoBo in the back seat of the car

I'm fiddling with BoBo in the back seat of the car. For the most part, Kingston makes me leave BoBo at home, but because I was extra stressed out about my therapy appointment, he let me bring him.

"Bubs, you doing okay?" I see him look back in the rear view mirror. He looks, I think, a bit concerned. Probably because of my shaking body.

We suddenly pull over to the side of the road. He turns around, facing me in the back seat. "Baby, what can I do to help you feel better?"

I shrugged, not wanting to talk right now.

"Is this too overwhelming?" I nod my head. "Would it help to go in with you, or would you rather go in alone and have some privacy?"

Do I want Kingston to come? What happens if he gets mad at a question I may answer? What happens if I disappoint him?

"No I can do it alone. I'm fine. We can go now." He nods his head, and we head off to the doctor office.

When I enter, there is a lot of colorful things. The chairs are bright yellow, blue and red, the walls have different colored marks and lines all over them. I realize this must be a child's doctor office. Which is okay, I like it better that way.

Kingston goes up to sign me in. He comes back with a clipboard and paper work. He fills it out and brings it back to the front desk.

I sit in the waiting room for about 15 minutes before I'm called back.

"Baylor Gianni."

Kingston looks at me, "Okay honey, I'll be right here when you come back." I nod my head, leaving all my necessary talking for the doctor.

The man has to be in his high thirties, lower forties. He's tall, somewhat muscular. He has blonde hair and brown eyes. He carries with him a warm smile, and it makes me relax a little bit. And I mean a tiny bit.

"Good morning, Baylor. I'm Dr. Carter. How are you doing today?"

I shrug, "I'm okay."

"Do you want me to call you Baylor, or do you have a nickname you rather me call you?"

"No, Baylor is fine. Only my brothers and Ace are allowed to call me anything different."

"And why is that? Can other people give you nicknames?"

I shook my head. "No, I only let people I trust give me nicknames. I'm learning to trust my brothers and Ace so they can, but you can't. I don't know you so I trust you."