40

"For fucks sake Jisung, hurry up!" I yelled at him from the other side of his room door.  We were running late to my own party, all because Jisung insisted he needs to look his best "for his angel".

"Coming!" he yelled back as I heard a lot of shuffling around.

"And they say girls are the ones who take longer to get ready," I muttered, shaking my head.

"Okay!" Jisung chirped as he opened the door, flashing a big smile at me.  "Ready, let's go!"

I took a second to take in my boyfriend's outfit.  He wore ripped jeans along with a white button up shirt and the combination left me awing at how amazing he looked.

"I wish we could stay here all day and admire my looks, but I think there's somewhere we need to be angel," Jisung smirked as he brushed past me, collecting his phone and wallet.

"You're so annoying," I scoffed, following him around the apartment.  "Why can't I admire my boyfriend?"

I knew that send butterflies through Jisung's stomach as he faltered a little, sneaking a glance at me.  Knowing I had won, I approached him with open arms and fell into his embrace.

"You're so cute" I chuckled as I squeezed him a little.

"Yeah, yeah, let's go," Jisung sighed, pretending to be annoyed.

We took an Uber to Hana's house and as soon as we opened the door, there was pure chaos.

"Here she is!" Hana screamed as she ran to hug.

Hana's announcement was followed by cheering and clapping and I suddenly became very shy with all the attention now directed at me.  I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I turned to smile at Jisung, who returned a warm smile back.

"Congrats Ara!" Felix yelled, giving me a warm hug as well.  Then all the other guys decided it was a good idea to jump along, tackling me to the ground.

"Get off!" I screeched, trying to push Felix off of me.  Once all of the guys were off, I stood up and smoothened my outfit, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Let's get this party started!" Hana shouted, holding up a bottle of tequila.

"Oh my god Hana," I said, shaking my head.  Of course she had plans of getting drunk.  

"Hell yeah, let's go!" Minho laughed as he walked over to Hana as she set up the drinks on the dining table.

"Why are we doing this again?" Chan asked, shaking his head.

"Because Ara got the job?" Hyunjin answered as if it was a no brainer.  He then made his way to the drinks too.

"Guys I never asked for this," as I laughed uneasily.

"But as your best friend, it is my responsibility to host celebratory parties for you and make sure you let loose every once in a while," Hana stated as she opened the bottle of tequila.

"Me first!" Minho exclaimed, holding out a red cup for Hana to pour the alcohol in.

"Someone's needy," Hana scoffed as she gave Minho a shot.

"Me too!" Jeongin laughed, grabbing a cup off the table.

"Wait a minute, hold on hold," Seungmin said, interjecting.  "Jeongin can't drink!"

"Hyung, I'm of age," he said, rolling his eyes. "You can give me some Hana," Jeongin said, smiling.

"You guys have already ruined the kid," Chan sighed, clearly over our games.

"C'mon Chan, I think you're the one who's most in need of a drink," Hana beamed, giving Chan a cup.

"You're not wrong," he muttered, taking the cup from Hana.

Once everyone had a drink, Hana raised her cup and shouted "To my bestie Ara, who just got her dream job, I knew you could do it and I'm so proud of you! Now, let's get wasted!"

"HANA!" I shouted at the last part, downing my drink nevertheless.  I never really went to parties throughout high school and when I did, I left as soon as I could.  But now, with the group of friends I have now, that need to leave never came.  I knew that I could let loose with them and truly have fun.

Two drinks in, I was already feeling the effects of the alcohol on my body.  I swayed to the music Hana started to blast and felt free.  I made a mental note to myself to do this more often.

"Angel!" I heard Jisung say as he lazily walked over to me, clearly drunk as well.  He had his arms out and cutely hugged me, causing both of us to fall back onto the couch.

I gave him a kiss, smiling the entire time.  He moved his hands to my back and pulled me closer.  Intoxicated by him, my arms immediately wrapped around his neck as I feel deeper into him.

"Ew gross!" Changbin said, approaching us.  "I just wanted to sit down on the couch," he explained, clearly upset about it for some reason.  He hung his head low and walked away, appearing to cry.  I guess he's a sad drunk.

"Jeongin, get back down here!" Chan yelled, motioning for him to get off the table.

"No, this is so much fun!" he laughed, waving his arms up in the air.

"This is going to be a long night," Chan muttered as he reached for Jeongin's arm to pull him back down.