I rested my head against the steering wheel, still not having had the drive to actually move my vehicle anywhere. I knew it was stupid to be sat in the car park at Jord’s apartment, but I just didn’t have the stimulation to actually move. There was nothing appealing for me to be going home for. Whereas the knowledge that Jord was mere metres away from me inspired both positive and negative emotions within me.

When I had finally regained enough composure to make my way home, I decided I was the most unlucky person on Earth. Parked in the driveway were all three cars - my mum’s, my ‘dad’s’ and Harry’s.

I cursed and thoroughly considered simply driving off again and either going to Matt’s or Grace’s. I couldn’t though. It wasn’t fair to force my presence on them, plus they were more likely to realise something was wrong with me, whereas here I could blame my messed up emotions on the long lost father situation.

In my mind though, that was now second on my list of priorities to be worrying about. Mine and Jord’s intimate moment had completely blown everything else out of the water and was now all I could concentrate on.

That did not stop me wondering what Harry was thinking right now though. I had threatened to tell Harry of my ‘dad’s’ presence and my mum had been willing to tell me his real identity for me to keep my mouth shut, but now he was here and he had to know what was happening.

Preparing myself for some sort of scene or conflict, I trundled up the driveway, intent on scurrying to my room as soon as I was through the door. If I was lucky, they wouldn’t even know I was here.

Like normal though, I was not. Just as I reached the door, it opened and all three figures appeared in the entrance. I could feel the hostility already and knew that they hadn’t just come outside to greet me, they probably didn’t even know I was home.

Harry’s face was a picture of thunder as he looked at my new found relative. “I sincerely hope we won’t be seeing you again anytime soon Arthur, but I doubt it will be the case.” He sneered, still not paying any attention to me.

Arthur.

I knew it had been my father’s name, obviously, but even if he had revealed it before I knew his true identity I knew no links would have formed. I would never have conceived any kind of connection and would have been non the wiser as to who the mystery man was.

My ‘dad’ seemed to realise I was there then and turned his attention to me. “Hello Jessica.” He cooed.

I scowled and gave him a glare filled with so much menace it actually made him flinch slightly. I was not in the mood for any kind of games tonight and that was being clearly exhibited by my facial expression. I just ignored them all and entered the house, giving my mum a rather forceful barge when she wouldn’t get out of my way. She must have understood that I was far from being understanding and stomped up to my room, slamming the door behind me and collapsing onto my bed, burying my head in my pillow.

I knew I needed to change, but I just didn’t have the incentive. I was quite content to simply wallow in my own self misery and not give a care what anyone else thought. I didn’t ever want to have to explain my problems to Grace, to Matt, it just made them even more real than my vivid imagination made them.