37. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

5 chapters including this one to go :(

[ Y/n ]

My fingers hovered over the keyboard, unsure what to even say. I don't want to say it. I don't want it to be real.

Part of me still thinks I'll get back to what I was. I'll be undefeated again.

But we all know what will actually happen.

I sighed and started typing out what I wanted to say. I would have to address the press later about my resignation but for now the priority was Mabel.

Mabel, for as long as I can remember I have woken up to you. Before Boris it was you. Before Boris it was just you and I. And I am forever in debt to you for who you've made me. I believe every attribute of myself is because of you. Truly. You've been with me through up and down. No matter how good or poorly I performed you were proud.

The last thing I ever wanted to do was resign from competition. Especially so young. But you've seen how this season has been working for me.

You were right. I will never be the skater I was and I have come to terms with that.

I am resigning from competitive figure skating.

I will get my certifications and start coaching as soon as possible.

Thank you for the work you have done with me and I hope to see you on the ice soon.

I sent the email and shut my laptop, putting my head down. It's not the same. This is for the best... Right?

I looked over at the doorframe and Boris was looking at me.

"You sent it?" He asked, walking into the room more.

I nodded and he sighed, opening his arms for me.

I got up and hugged him, crying into his shoulder. "I just want to go back, Boris."

He nodded and held me tightly. I shook my head and wiped my eyes. "It's ok... I'm ok." Boris pulled away and held my cheeks.

I looked at him and he grabbed my cheeks.

"You will make beautiful skaters now. Just how Mabel made you. And you will change lives."

I nodded and he pulled a picture out of his pocket.

"For you." He handed me the drawing and I unfolded it. I took one glance at it and looked up at him. "Boris I just stopped crying."

I looked back down at the drawing and wiped my tears.

"You are my Olympic champion." He smiled.

I looked at the drawing he had made of me at the Olympics wearing a gold medal. I smiled and looked up at him.

"You're the best boyfriend, Boris. You know that?"

He shrugged and I hugged him again, pressing my lips on his.

Boris kissed me happily before pulling away. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Now come. I make you some food."