7. 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

Monday
December 18, 2020
2:00 pm - 11:00 pm

[ Y/n ]

Despite how I feel, I still have to go to practice. I stood on the ice and listened to Mabel yell at me. "Go. Do it again now. Correctly this time." She spat. I sighed and went to do the piece again. "No! No! No! Get your ass back here!" She shouted. I skated over to her and she grabbed my shoulder. I yanked it away and glared at her.

"What is wrong with you today?!" She asked. "It's none of your fucking business Mabel. I pay you to coach me not barge in on my personal life!"

"Well when your personal life interferes with your skating it becomes my business. Is it Boris?" She asked. "No! No... It's my mom. That bitch lied to me! She's not sober at all!" I slammed my fist on the wall and put my head down. "Oh darling... Come to me." I got off the ice and hugged Mabel, shaking my head.

"It will be okay... You just need time to heal."

. . .

Boris and I sat at the dinner table, talking about his day. "The winter formal comes soon. Two days... Tickets going on sale." He muttered. "Would you like to go?" I asked. "Very much yes. With you. But I hate dances too so very much no." I smiled and laughed. "We might be able to go for a few minutes after the show." I smiled. "Ah! Thank you! I buy tickets tomorrow then!"

. . .

The whole world went through these fazes of going too fast or too slow. I hated the way it did that for me and honestly I hated when time ticked away normally as well. I just kind of hated everything right now I guess... Everything except Boris.

He sat at his desk and drew in his notebook. I plan to get him a sketchbook for Christmas. A nice one. "Whatcha drawing Boris?" I asked. "Pretty birds..." He muttered, puffing out some smoke from his cigarette. I got up and walked over to him. I draped my arms around his shoulders and rested my head on his. I watched as his hand delicately pulled the pencil along the lined pages to make realistic looking birds.

"They're lovey..." I whispered. "It is for you." He beamed. "I work three days on it. I will add more birds too." I sighed and kissed the top of his head. "I love you so much Boris."

"And I love you more. Now, go rest. You had long day. I just finish birdie and come join you in bed."

I nodded and walked back over to the bed. I laid down, pulling the covers up to my chin. Boris finished sketching quickly and turned his lamp off. He walked over to the bed and laid down. Despite it not even being a real bed but rather a mattress on the floor, it was damn comfortable.

He snaked his arms around me and kissed my shoulders. "Goodnight Boris." I whispered. "Goodnight Y/n/n."

. . .

The next morning I didn't have time for breakfast. During practice I was starving but... I was doing good. I felt light and was doing everything right! Come lunch I skipped it and took over for one of my coworkers. I needed the extra cash for Christmas anyways. I was doing great and the hunger wasn't even that bad.

"Excuse me miss?" I walked over to the table and smiled. "Hi, is there any chance we can also get your wine of the day?" I nodded and walked back up to the counter to grab a glass. "Y/n, table 2 needs you." I nodded and held a finger up. I filled the glass and walked back to the table. "Thank you." I turned away and walked to table two.