26. 𝘮𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘭 '𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

[ Y/n ]

"Y/n! How is Boris?" Mabel invited me into her house and I took her shoes off.

"Mabel I'm not skating with him anymore."

Mabel sighed and led me to the living room.

"Dear girl, you know you are my daughter. I love you. So I will be honest with you."

I sat down and picked at my fingers anxiously.

"You cannot skate alone. Not how you did... It will not come back to you. You can forget regionals, nationals, worlds, Olympics... That is all gone without him."

"He almost killed Boris!"

Mabel nodded and she got up and left the room. I sighed and leaned back into the couch, looking around.

On the mantle Mabel had photos of her and I together from when I was little all the way up to recently.

Mabel raised me more than my own mother did.

If she had to move, I would go with her.

She came back out and gave me some tea.

I thanked her quietly and she sat down.

"I understand. It is a big problem. I myself am unsure of what to do. I want you to succeed, Y/n. I want you to win your medals... I want you to be happy and content with who you are and how you skate."

I nodded and drank the tea to try and stop myself from crying.

"Y/n... I am worried. If you fall like that again... It could be all over. Your life- Not just skating could be ruined. That terrifies me."

I nodded and looked at the tea cup.

"Ezra... Ezra is your last chance at all of that success. I am not saying you have to skate with him. It is your decision but please hear this. You will not ever recover,
Y/n. You will never land a quad again and it would be lucky to get a triple."

I nodded and set the tea cup down.

"I don't want to see him again."

Mabel nodded and stood up. I stood up as well and she walked over. Mabel hugged me and I hugged her back.

"You take good care of him until he is better. Then, we can continue working."

I nodded and she pulled me down to kiss my forehead.

"I will not keep you any longer. Drive safe my girl."

I nodded and turned back to the door.

I put my shoes back on and went back out to my car. I watched Mabel look at me through the window as I got in and pulled away.

When I was a far enough distance from the house, I pulled over and sat in my car. The tears began quickly and I unbuckled my seatbelt so I could breathe better.

All my life's work.

Everything I've ever dreamed of.

All of it is gone.

I cried violently over everything. Boris, what Theo said, the fall, my parents, but mostly because it was over for me.

My skating career was over.