Empty

Thank you, everyone, for making this fan-fic get 500+ views. All the comments and votes make me so happy. 

"San Lang, do you not think it is weird." Xie Lian asked confused.

"It is indeed. A moment ago, the abyss was so troublesome. But it died too quickly." Hua Cheng agreed.

"I am sure it has been eliminated but..." The Martial Emperor's voice died down.

"Gege, let us head back home. I do not like this snowy mountain cap one bit. Tangxing might be worried sick about us." Hua Cheng said, suppressing a nasty shiver. He reasoned it had to be the cold, but it did not explain the heavy heart in his chest. 

"Um! Let us" Xie Lian said, probably feeling the same way.

Hua Cheng pulled out his dice and rolled it. However he frowned as his chest felt to have plummeted into his abdomen. A three and a one stared up at them. A total of four. Why?

 Xie  Lian rubbed him chin and said,
"Do not worry San Lang! It happens."
Glumly he snaked his hand around Xie Lian's waist and they teleported...

Right into Paradise Manor...

This... had never happened. Either they teleport in front of the main gates of the manor or in the middle of the ghost city. No, no,no,no!
"The barrier is broken" Hua Cheng yelled as he dashed out. Yin Yu was not around. Why? Is he not always around? It was still the break of dawn but Yin Yu never slept. In spite of himself, he knocked at Yin Yu's bed chamber. He knocked and knocked but no answer. Barely keeping his mind together, he kicked the door open. Inside Yin Yu was in bed, covered up till the chin, in a peaceful slumber. 

"Oye wake up!" the City Lord roared.

He did not even stir. Hua Cheng knew hitting his employee up was immoral so he sharply tapped his forehead and a scorching hot stream of spiritual energy flowed into him. Yin Yu immediately woke up with a gasp. As his eyes focused he almost whimpered, 
"Lord Chengzhu, Tangxing left."

"What!" Hua Cheng was aghast.

Xie Lian ran inside right then, "Tangxing's room is empty. Yu has been left behind."

"Yin Yu, just what happend last night?"

***

Xie Lian's hand dug deeper into his head as he listened to Feng Xin, Mu Qing and Shi Qingxuan report their versions in detail about the YingHua incident.

"Your Majesty, her wounds were severe. We need to find her, right now!" Feng Xin frantically urged.

"I do not understand. How much of a trash are you three oh-the-great-gods-of-heaven that a surge of walking dead overpowered you like that! You had just one job of checking whether she was safe and you messed that up!" Hua Cheng's voice growl echoed in the Great Martial Hall.

"If you were there, you would have understood. That level is not just a surge. It was an ocean!" Mu Qing defended. 

"San Lang, fighting over that now will not help. What has happened has occurred already." Xie Lian whispered. He lifted his head took a deep breathe in to calm down and said,
"Can I request all the Martial Gods to comb through their territories in search of her?"
"Your Majesty, I have already sent out a search trope in the East." Lang Qian Qiu said. "This affair is not normal. We need to dig deeper." 

Hua Cheng cringed his nose. He had already ploughed up the East before this meeting.

"Right! That reminds me! The spy! He had to do something with this." Mu Qing said. "Apparently Tangxing knew that it was the spy's doing and said he would stop if she goes to meet him."