14

Who even is Kyle? And why haven't I seen him before? Is this seriously who she chose to go to the dance with?

Cameron, Kyle, Jennifer, Kelsey and I are standing at the bottom of the steps waiting for Maya and Maddie to finish getting ready, but my eyes have been glued to Kyle ever since he got here. I think I'm annoyed because he doesn't look like a douchebag. She didn't decide to go with a jock, and that bothers the hell out of me. She has standards, and clearly Kyle seems to live up to them.

He's polite, and he's good looking enough, holding a corsage in his hands that makes me want to grab it right out of them. I'm so jealous that it's sickening, and as my mom continues to snap away photos of everyone I find myself absolutely fuming.

"Are you okay?" Jennifer asks. "You seem like you're in a mood."

I am in a mood, but I can't let Jennifer know that. I chose to be her date for a reason, and I don't want to make tonight miserable for her, so I just send her a smile and lean over to press a kiss to her cheek. "I'm fine." I lie. "And did I mention you look beautiful?"

"Once or twice." She admits. "I love this suit by the way."

Tugging on my navy blue tie that matches her dress, I see that look in her eye that lets me know exactly what she's thinking. She wants to have sex with me tonight, it's written all over her face, but I don't know if I'll be able to follow through with it. I want to, but knowing me I'll wimp out again.

Cameron is sulking in the corner, his energy seeming to reflect mine. Kelsey is by his side with her hands running all over him, but he seems deep in thought. I know that he wanted to bring mystery girl instead, and I still don't understand why he doesn't just tell everyone about her already. If it's going to make him this miserable he might as well just suck it up and admit who it is.

"Where's the bathroom?" Kyle leans over to ask me, and I clench my jaw tightly in response, pointing my finger down the hallway.

"It's the third door on the left." My mom says for me, and then she gives me that warning glance of hers as he gives her a smile and disappears out of sight. "Why are you being so rude?" She seethes. "That's no way to talk to our guests, Ethan."

It takes everything I have not to roll my eyes. Kyle is stupid, and I don't want to see his face ever again after tonight. How did Maya and him even meet anyways? Is she dating him now? Am I going to have to see her make out with him in the hallways?

"Oh, look how beautiful!" My mom suddenly gasps, and in seconds her camera starts to take multiple photos. I don't even want to look at the staircase, but I can't help myself. I inwardly groan when my eyes land on Maya, completely taken away by her beauty.

She's in a floor length royal blue gown that outlines her breasts. It's fitted in the hips, her coke bottle figure more defined now more than ever. Although her body looks so, so incredible, I think her face by far outweighs it.

Her makeup isn't too much, she doesn't need it, and her long, brown hair is falling over her chest, reaching just past her breasts. She looks like a goddess, and I don't even realize that I'm practically gawking until Jennifer elbows me in the rib cage, sending me a dirty look.

I'm so damn hurt when Kyle returns and I have to watch him put the corsage on her. Then I have to sit here and watch as he wraps his hands around her waist for photos, holding what I could only dream to.

If I have to sit here and watch this the entire night then it's going to be complete and utter hell.

_______

I'm having an even worse time than I thought I would. Jennifer hasn't really wanted anything to do with me all night. She's been with her friends, dancing and drinking from the punch somebody spiked.