Chapter Sixty Two~ Dark Elf

Start from the beginning

"What the heck?!" The loud voice of Asta resonates in the whole place. He was witnessing the images playing around him. He even watched a familiar looking red eyed elf playing with a young Patry outside. "Is this, like, his memories or his soul or something?" The magicless boy asked himself.

'Ah! My head hurts!' Asta suddenly grabbed his head in pain. 

"Despair... Unforgivable... Hate... Frustration... Hopeless... It hurts..." Patry's voice echoes around them.

Asta even saw one specific memory of Patry in which he killed the Wizard King with his own hands. A light magic sword pierced Julius Novachrono in his chest. He hitches his breath at the sight.

"Wizard King!!!!" Asta shouted up to his lungs as he gripped his ash blond soft locks. He had lost the person he is always looked up to.

He doesn't know if he feels hatred or sadness within him. All he knew is, he will not forgive Patry for taking the Wizard King away from them. He charges at him with the intent to kill him, when suddenly he hears Patry talking to himself.

"For Licht's sake... I.. I was deceived. Resurrecting everyone was a mistake. So many sacrifices that they didn't even want. I made the wrong choice " The light magic user is in deep confusion. "I was never chosen at all. Humans are evil. Did I... just want to believe that?? If.. if that was actually true..." His golden eyes traveled to William who was in deep slumber inside his soul this whole time.

"I mean, William and I were able to understand each-" Patry's eyes widen when William was devoured by the darkness in front of him.

"We can never understand each other!"

"This is the human's fault! I hate those fools!'

"They cannot be forgiven!"

"Humans are all evil!"

He had to cover his ears from the voices screaming from around him. But it was hopeless, those voices keep echoing in his mind all over and over again. He wanted it to stop but the voices are getting louder and louder.

"This is all... the human's fault!" Patry convinced himself as his heart was being consumed by despair.

"There you are, you bastard!" The magicless voice hisses as he revealed himself from the darkness. "Hey, I'm Asta! We meet at last! So on the inside, I guess you're a kid about my age!" he stated as he catches his breath in between his words.

"What do you want, you... human?!" Patry demanded with hatred in his eyes.

"You were fooled and couldn't protect what was important to you." Asta slowly started walking towards the distraught elf.  "You lost the light that you believed in... and you're a mess of emotions. I know that!" Patry's eyes widen from his statement,  "But that's exactly why I'm going to say this!" Asta's voice shouts louder than the voices, "Quit giving up! What you're doing right now is running away! You just stopped thinking and locked yourself up in the darkness because it's easier that way!" 

Patry felt that he was attacked by multiple magic swords in his core from the words that Asta keeps throwing at him. His lips quivered as he bit the bottom of his lips. His glossy eyes were on the verge of shedding tears.

"Sh-Shut up!" he stuttered as he takes a deep breath. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" he shouted repeatedly and Asta could feel the rage radiating around him. "What could you possibly understand, you stupid human?!" Patry shouted up to his lungs.

"Shut up with all that human crap! I'm Asta, damn it!" Asta yelled as he swung his right hand dramatically. He grabs Patry on the collar of his clothes while glaring at him. "How dare you kill the Wizard King?!" he demanded as he gritted his teeth. "He was such an amazing person who was respected by everyone! I... We all wanted to be like him!" he continued. "You took everyone hostage and killed the Wizard King! Your reincarnation hurt innocent people all over the kingdom!" Asta reminded him.