S1 - 5. [Yuuei]

The hospital made him stay a week for monitoring before he was allowed out. They'd given him painkillers. Strong ones. He was going to make memories, he was going to travel, try things, experience everything he could.

He had to leave without regrets, so he wouldn't tell anyone at Yuuei. He couldn't bear the knowledge that he made them emotionally hurt before he even went.

Or... Maybe that would be best? Would it be better to give them time to process it before he died, to slow the reaction and ease them into it?

It didn't matter, really.

"Where to first?" His father asked him from the driver's seat, his mother sat beside him in the backseat.

"I don't know... home? Maybe the school? What the hell 're we gonna tell them?"

His mother gathered his face in her palms, gently turning him to face her. "Whatever you want them to know, they'll know. No more than what you want. You're in charge"

He swallowed, giving a light nod. The blurred vision hadn't changed, the painkillers only taking away most of the symptoms.

"Nezu can know. 'Zawa too I guess"

"Then let's give to the school and get that sorted out. Masaru?"

His father gave a thumbs up with a light smile. "Got it. All passengers for Yuuei, please board now"

They'd all nonverbally decided on making the best of the time. There was no point in moping around. Not when they were Bakugous. Anyone from their family was strong, no matter what.

That wouldn't stop now.

"And to your left, you'll see the same exact convenience store that is on every single block" His father narrated. "Now, to your right, you can glimpse the marvelous school for heroes, Yuuei"

They pulled into the parking lot across from the campus and Katsuki pulled out his sunglasses. His mother had a matching pair. The hoodie he wore was loose enough for the hood to block out most of the light, but the glasses helped with any glares off of surfaces. Plus, he enjoyed matching with his mother.

"I'm right here, okay? If you start feeling bad, lemme know and we can take a break. Sound good?"

"Yeah. Sounds good. You're gonna tell them, right? Not me?" He took her offered hand to cross the road, both of them attempting to ignore the occasional stumbling steps he made.

"If that's what you want, baby, I'll tell them for you"

Katsuki nodded, his hand gripping hers a little tighter as they neared the gates. Upon showing his student identification card, and his mother's ID, they were granted access.

He was scared. Was he going to be immediately kicked out? We're they going to expel him and ignore his itching needs to continue to be with his class?

"Don't worry, if they try anything stupid, I'll kick their asses into next week"

She could read his mind always had and it forever confused him. How could she know? Her quirk was Nitroglycerin, not mind-reading.

"Yeah" He responded, gasping when he nearly fell. She caught him, to his relief. As much as the painkillers helped, they seemed to exaggerate whatever imbalance he'd had before.

"In case you're wondering, this fucking sucks" He told her. She simply smiled and pinched his cheek.

"You're so strong. My strong boy, you're gonna best any odds and keep going"

"Right to the damned end" Katsuki easily returned, a smile of his own tugging at his lips.

They arrived at the main office. His father had called already and despite not coming in in favor of sorting some things out, the man always planned ahead for his family.

"Go on in" The attendant chirped, flashing a polite smile.

His mother gave a light knock on Nezu's office before they entered. Katsuki stuck to her side. Both for physical and mental support.

"Ah, hello Mrs. Bakugou. What can I do for you two?"

He could see the way the principal eyed him, trying to piece together some sort of answer. His mother glanced over at him and he gave a affirmative nod.

She led him to a seat before explaining the situation to the principal. Katsuki zoned out, observing the office and all its trinkets.

His hands trembled when he lifted them from his lap to fix his hair, running his fingers through it and ruffling through it to maintain his spiked look.

This condition, he still didn't quite believe it. How could he go years without noticing it. The doctors said that it was either dormant or rapidly growing.

It seemed to outlandish.

"Katsuki, d'you want to go see your class? I can talk to Aizawa"

He gave a hum, taking her hand as he glanced at the principal. "Yeah, let's go see the extras"

Word Count: 799

Cal Kestis can drive a lightsaber through my chest and I'd still say thank you