Don't leave

"Congratulations, you two. You both completed your project wonderfully! You both get the highest mark bonus as extra credits." Mrs. Driscoll said with a smile, marking the projects as A+ and placing them to the side. Randy clapped his hand happily while Nomi did his poker face to hide his emotions from letting out. The two pairs walk out of the classroom with different thoughts in mind.

"We've finished the project and are only one month away from the deadline! So, what do you wanna do, Nomi? Game Hole? Ice cream? Carnival again?" Randy asked, excitingly waiting for Nomi's responses. Nomi looks away from Randy, avoiding eye contact or talking to him.

"Nomi?" Randy asked again, still waiting for his response. Why doesn't he talk?

"Leave me alone, Randy. I need some time off." Nomi said and walks away, leaving Randy confused and upset.

"W-why...?" Randy asked, but he knew his questions won't be answered. He walks away and sat down on a bench nearby the school and questions everything that happened.

"Why did he leave? Did I do something wrong? Was he always annoyed to work with me? D-does he hates me?!" Randy felt his tears flowing down from his eyes and can only hope for the best. Howard came patting his best friend's back and offered him some soda to cheer him up. Randy felt useless and unworthy.

"No thanks, Howard... I don't feel like drinking soda. Those cans have enough calories for 3 adult men." He said, curling up with his tears. He still can't believe that Nomi would leave him like that. He felt unloved. Howard pets Randy's back gently, calming his best friend down. This is probably for the best.

"Everything will be okay, Cunningham. Just, forget about it for now. Graduation is in a few more months. We just have to make the best of our school life and move on. Who knows, maybe one day someone else would be special for you." Howard said, giving Randy some snacks. Randy smiled a bit and ate the snacks.

"Thank you, Howard. You're the greatest friend I ever had." He said, snuggling against him. Howard snuggles back with a soft smile.

"Anything for my bud," Howard said gently. Nomi was nearby listening to the conversation, feeling his heart breaking a bit. This is for the best. He has to know first.

"Are you sure this is right, Nomi?" Stevens came from behind, surprising Nomi in the process. But it was only a small startle.

"I'm sure, I have to know whether I'm ready to give my heart to him." He said, looking down. His heart is wincing in pain. Stevens sighed and took Nomi to the sakura tree to talk.

"Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. What you're doing is pointless. You can't wait it out. You have to tell him before graduation or it'll be too late. You can't chase him forever if he decided to leave." He said, leaning against the tree. Nomi felt his heart sink even more. Pointless?

"What do you mean pointless, Stevens? Have you experienced what I've been through?" The redhead looks at Stevens with a curious look. Stevens snorted as if he never heard that question before.

"Of course I do. Remember Heidi?" He asked. Nomi nods, he couldn't forget her. She's the one who kept trying to take him. Nomi doesn't like Heidi much, he only respects her.

"Well, she was the one I had a crush on since you knew from the very beginning. But, I didn't tell her until I found out she loves you. When I told her how I feel, she straight up rejected me. It hurts and I should've told her early. I suggest you do the same before it's too late. When he pushes you away, that's the end of the line." He explained, teaching Nomi about it. Nomi felt stinging in his heart. Stevens is right.

"But how can I tell him? I'm not ready to say face to face. Especially after what I did..." Nomi replied. Stevens looks around and picks a flower.

"Take this flower as an apology. This is a good start." He said. Nomi took the flower, hugs Stevens, and walks away to find Randy after saying goodbye. Stevens was a bit surprised by the sudden hug but smiled.

"Thanks to Randy you finally open up."

Nomi looks around and found Randy against the lockers. He was about to go to him when he saw another guy talking to the purple hair nerd. A tall blonde with blue eyes, and a sweet smile that Nomi knew it's all a lie.

"Thanks for your help, Daniel." Randy smiled at the taller blonde. Daniel. Nomi will be honest he doesn't like that guy. A cheater, liar, sadistic brat who thinks they rule the world. Basically, just a playboy shoob.

"Anytime, wanna grab some coffee after this? We could talk a bit and have fun." Daniel said, sliding his hand on Randy's back. Nomi was holding his anger but growls can be heard a bit.

"Thanks, Daniel. But, can you please don't touch me?" Randy said, scooting away but giggling. Daniel chuckles at the smaller one.

"Of course, let's go." He said and took Randy's hand to the cafeteria. Nomi was standing behind the locker 5 feet away from them, he put the flower in his book to make it ever-lasting and punch the locker, leaving a dent in it. He can feel his heart boiling in jealousy and anger. He never felt like this before, but he doesn't care.

He has to get Randy back.

Randy sneezed a bit, feeling a sudden goosebump crawling on his back. He looks around but felt nothing from the crowd. What was that just then? Daniel gave Randy the coffee and he drank his own. Randy can only overlook it for now. How weird...

"What's wrong, Randall?" Daniel asked as he drank his coffee. Randy shook his head.

"I just had a weird feeling..." He said and drank his coffee. Daniel nods.

"Probably just some goosebumps. Relax and have some time yourself. You deserve it." Daniel said. Randy nods his head. It might be right.