37: Operation Beifong pt 2

Start from the beginning

The Great Uniter spotted Su, Lin, Wei, Wing and Kitiara fighting her soldiers.

The Beifongs were throwing rocks at the Earth Empire's followers while they were reciprocating with both rocks and metal.

The four earth bending Beifongs were devided into two teams.

The first team was comprised of Suyin and Lin. The two sisters were working together, surprisingly in perfect harmony.

The other team was made by Wei and Wing. The twins were a duo, they had been training and fighting together from the beginning of their lives.

Both teams were combining their skills and staminas to bend bigger rocks and protect each other from enemy hits.

But the one truly enjoying it was Kitiara.

The Kyoshi Warrior loved watching her cloak moving after every movement of hers.

Someone would say that a single air bender would stand no chance against a bunch of earth and metal benders.

Wrong.

Kuvira's jaw fell observing her former commander.

Kitiara was in the middle of the battle.

Kuvira's followers were bombarding her with metal.

However, the air bending mistress was either avoiding or shielding herself with her air bending. ( in her fight with Kuvira, Korra used air bending to shield herself from her metal, that's exactly what Kitiara is doing right now )

The woman was rarely attacking her enemies but was giving a main advantage to her team.

Without the thought of having to defend themselves from all the hits, the two Beifong teams could land more hits and create more damage to their enemies.

Both of the sides created earth walls to hide behind. Kitiara was the only fighter who did not hide for her mother's displeasure.

An idea suddenly crossed Su's mind as she watched a slightly disoriented Kuvira looking down at the fight.

" Lin, cover me. " She said.

She did not give time to the Chief to respond, knowing very well that her sister would intend to stop her.

She jumped on top of the cannon throwing a rock at Kuvira who dodged the attack just in time.

Suyin fought her former protégé, but Kuvira proved to be more powerful than what she thought.

Kuvira knocked Suyin off the weapon.

Luckily, Wei caught her before she hit the ground. Wei threw his cable at Wing who reciprocated the movement.

Their cables intertwined and Wing pulled him mother and twin into safety.

As she was fighting Kuvira, the earth bending Beifongs had created a safe circle by creating big walls.

The moment they were inside, Lin blocked the last gap and the family was surrounded by rocks.

Someone threw a huge rock in their direction. Kitiara air bended it away with ease.

The ground shook as their walls fell.

No more hiding.

The family embraced themselves for the battle.

One for all and all for one.

But the fight never came.

The earth beneath their feet came to life. It shifted like a wave, knocking all of Kuvira's forces with only one hit.