2: Reunited

That's a picture of the Dai Li.

Kitiara stood in front of the door. The door which led her to family and best friend.

The door that she needed to knock on.

Had she enough courage to do so ?

She had to see everyone for nearly 10 years.

She was anxious of what would they say about her appearance, abilities and knowledge.

She had been training with the rest of kyoshi warriors in the use of fans and katanas.

She knocked on the door before changing her mind.

She wanted to see them. No. She needed to see them. She needed to speak with her parents and best friend, hug them, meet the avatar and the rest of her team.

The door opened by the mistress of all the elements.

" A kyoshi warrior. How can I help ? " Korra asked observing her guest.

" We have to speak for many things, Avatar Korra, like the reason why you are here in first place and why you can't find what you are searching. " She replied politely.

Korra nodded. She, like Aang, trusted these warriors. They had helped the avatars through the time. They fought Zuko and Azula in order to protect Aang.

Korra gave enough space to Kitiara to come in whilst the warrior thanked her.

Korra and Kitiara joined the rest of the team who were looking at Kitiara up and down.

" What's your name, kyoshi warrior ? " A man with a red scarf asked. He must be Mako, Asami described him well enough.

" I am Kitiara. Kitiara Beifong. And I will help willingly the Avatar to free and recruit the air benders. The rest of the warriors have other things to handle so it's only me. " She stated.

Everyone's eyes widened. A smile formed on her mother's and best friend's faces while her father tilted his head on the side.

Recognition had been done. There was no way back now.

" Wait a sec. Kitiara Beifong ? Like Lin Beifong ? Are you cousins !? " The other guy, whose name should be Bolin, inquired thrilled.

" No. I am her mother. " Lin answered and approached her daughter to hug her.

Kitiara pulled away first and took a closer look of her mother's face. Her face was just like she could recall it, then she turned to her father.

He looked the same too. " Glad to see you again, dad. "

Tenzin smiled at her and hugged her too. " The happiness is all mine. You left being a teenager and now you have become a full-grown woman and I am sure an excellent warrior. "

Kitiara nodded. " I have. The fans enhance my bending. My technique had been tested and improved. Furthermore, I use the fans with a way that no one has ever in the last one maybe two centuries. "

Lin crossed her hands feeling proud of her. Tenzin grinned happily because his daughter had accomplished her dream.

" Spirits, Asami. How much have you grown ! You are a badass ! " Kitiara remarked admiring her old friend.

Korra, Bolin, Mako raised an eyebrow in inquiry. How did those two know each other ?

Jinora whispered something to Ikki and Meelo who were excited. They would finally get to meet their older sister.

Bumi, who was sitting on his chair watching everything, was gazing at his niece in awe being a little sad because she hadn't noticed him yet.

Asami laughed at this and the two friends exchanged a hug. " I hoped that we would see you when we came here but the queen said that no kyoshi warriors were currently in Ba Sing Se. "