35: Not yet

I don't know what's wrong with my pc but it can't upload the pics ! Anyway, you are mainly interested in the chapters so I continue publishing.

It uploaded with my second try !

" The borders are secure and troops are guarding the rail lines into the city. So what have you two geniuses come up with to fend off Kuvira ? " Raiko announced to Asami, Varrick, Tenzin, Korra, Mako and Wu.

Asami showed the schematics as Varrick spoke. " It's a flying mecha suit ! Asami got the idea from watching dragonfly-hummingbirds. You can take off straight up, fly in any direction- "

" Where does the spirit ray come out ? " Raiko interrupted him.

" It doesn't have a spirit ray. I'm telling you what I told Kuvira : That technology should not be used ! " Varrick retorted feeling annoyed.

Raiko replied angrily " It's already being used by Kuvira ! I need spirit vine weapons and I need them now ! "

" No. It was Kuvira's harvesting of the vines in the swamp that caused the Republic City vines to go crazy and grab all those people. " Korra cut in.

" You're supposed to be the bridge between the two worlds. Why can't you harvest the vines ? " Raiko asked her.

Korra's eyes widened. If Kitiara was there, Raiko would have had probably been pinned against his desk and threatened to never again say such things or the kyoshi warrior would take his life right there and then.

" I won't do that. But maybe since the spirits love Republic City so much, I can convince them to help us defend it somehow. " Korra shook her head firmly and then suggested a way of action.

Raiko hesitantly nodded his head.

" Okay, maybe while the weapon geniuses and the spirit bridge are getting ready for battle, we should be evacuating the ordinary citizens so that if Kuvira attacks, they won't be hurt. " Wu proposed.

Raiko turned to him surprised. " That's... actually a good idea. "

The President thought his proposal for a second. " Prince Wu, you work with the police to coordinate getting people out of the city. Now everyone get to it. I want daily updates. "

" Wait. " Wu said and everyone looked at him. " I went in the Police Station in search of Chief Beifong to ask for evacuation plans but they said that they have to see her since yesterday morning. Shouldn't we be worried about her ? "

Raiko raised an eyebrow. " Lin is always at the Police Station. " His head snapped toward Tenzin and Korra. " Tell me that Kitiara and Opal are still in town. "

The avatar and the air bender exchanged a glance.

Raiko's eyes widened. " Tell me that what I think happened, didn't. "

" They went to save their family. Lin, Kitiara, Opal and Bolin with Juicy, Opal's sky bison. " Korra replied.

***

" Nice job in there. I'm proud of you. You're starting to act like the kind of king I'd like to work for. " Mako complimented Wu.

" Thanks. And if Kitiara buys this 'man of the people' thing, I still might get to date her. " Wu grinned.

" You always have to ruin it. " Mako sighed in disappointment.

" What ? Come on ! Why do you think guys do anything great ? To pick up girls. Every work of art, every song, every city evacuation, all for the ladies. " Wu responded walking off.

Mako sat there gazing at him walking away. After a second, he started pacing after him raising his voice a little so the Prince could hear him. " Remember, Kitiara and Korra are dating. Don't do something stupid ! "