Interview with the Japanese Army

Start from the beginning

After the completion of the airstrip in the Seiren Kingdom, a variety of planes from the Japanese mainland were dispatched there. The largest of these was the B-52H Stratofortress, the USAF's world-famous strategic bomber.

In 2022, as warfare spread across East Asia, the US sent the B-1 Lancer, B-2 Spirit, and B-52H Stratofortress to Kadena Air Base and Misawa Air Base in Japan to bomb the Chinese mainland and the northern part of the Korean Peninsula. When the war ended, many of these bombers were returned to their home country, but some of them were involved in the transference because their return was postponed. One of them was this B-52H, a weapon that the Japanese government honestly didn't have enough of, and there were whispers that it might be scrapped, but this is how it ended up on the battlefield in this world as well.

"As for the mines inland, five C-2 transport planes will be sent from Zion Base, and 550 paratroopers will capture them."

Commander Iijima mentioned the main reason why the city of McTayle had to be captured. It was to secure the Urestio Iron Mine, a huge iron ore mine located inland in this region. This is the reason why the Japanese government has taken an aggressive stance towards this war, and even if they fail to get reparations, this mine must be theirs at all costs in order to maintain Japanese industry. For this reason, 200 US Army soldiers of the 1st Battalion of the 1st Special Forces Group stationed at Torii Station in Yomitan Village, Okinawa Prefecture, and 350 members of the JGSDF of the 1st Airborne Brigade stationed at Narashino Garrison have been dispatched to the Seiren Kingdom.

"Good... let's start the operation. All hands, battle stations!"

"Yes, sir!"

The commander gave the order to start the operation, and the assembled officers went back to their posts. The order was relayed over the radio to the Shimabara and Kirishima that were standing by at different locations. In the silent night when the future was uncertain, the McTayle suppression operation, officially known as Operation Olympic, was launched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 11, Before Dawn

Off the coast of Zion, Seiren Kingdom

At that time, the ship of the World Magic Telecommunications Company, which had left the port of Jemdert, the capital of the Mystania Kingdom, carrying a news team, was about to arrive at the Seiren Kingdom. The sailors standing on the deck could see the lights of the city of Zion, and if the ship continued at this pace, it would be able to reach the shore at dawn. Just as they were thinking this, a dazzling light shone down on them.

"We are the Japanese Navy! The waters beyond this point are the territorial waters of the Seiren Kingdom! That ship over there, stop!"

"!?"

The sailors, including the spokesperson, could not hide their shock that the Japanese Navy had spotted them, even though they had approached quietly after confirming that there were no ships in sight. When they looked at the source of the light, they noticed a huge dark-colored ship facing them, though it was hard to make out in the darkness of the night.

"I am a reporter from the Mystania Branch of the World Magic Telecommunications Company, Grandura Parasolmon! I've heard about the results of your country's battle in the Battle of Iloa Sea, and I've come here to find out the truth!"

Grandura, the head of the press corps, told them his identity and his purpose. His voice, amplified by the sound equipment of this world, echoed through the dark sea. He tried to explain that he was not an Altian, nor a soldier, nor a spy, by inquiring about his identity and affiliation. The sailors were horrified by the sudden appearance of the Japanese, but he saw this as an opportunity.